Gurley Pick = Quinn pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
When the Rams picked Robert Quinn they didn't really need a DE. They had needs all over the field and at DE they seemed set with Long and Hall (both had good years the year before). But in taking Quinn they went BPA and Quinn has shown that to be a great pick.

I think Gurley is the same thing. There was an elite talent left on the board. The Rams really don't have a need there, but you should never pass on an elite talent for need. I hope Gurley turns out to be a blue chip player like Quinn has been. The Rams now probably have the best depth at RB of any team in the league

jjab360

Legend
Remembering that draft and how much I wanted either Fairley or Quinn gets me even more excited for next year now that we got both of them. And Donald is somehow the best of all of them LOL.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I'd say that's a pretty good comp. Both were elite prospects that fell because of health concerns and taken at positions where we didn't necessarily need them.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I would think Gurley is more similar to Quinn in that they both had medical question marks. Quinn had the brain tumor and also hadn't played in a year. They both had the NCAA suspensions too.

V3

Hall of Fame
I feel there's a big difference between the two considering Quinn's health concerns were dispelled at the time of the draft and wouldn't/didn't affect his play on the field. Gurley's health issues may keep him from even playing this year and every time he gets hit now, people will be holding their breath.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I feel there's a big difference between the two considering Quinn's health concerns were dispelled at the time of the draft and wouldn't/didn't affect his play on the field. Gurley's health issues may keep him from even playing this year and every time he gets hit now, people will be holding their breath.
I hear you, but they both fell due to suspensions and possible health problems, both were elite talents and both were scooped up by the Rams over other needs

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think that's true...I remember hearing some teams took Quinn off their board all together due to the brain tumor

FRO

Legend
Quinn is also a guy who didn't start week one. Not only did he not start, he didn't dress. I remember people complaining about drafting a guy with a brain tumor.

V3

Hall of Fame
I hear you, but they both fell due to suspensions and possible health problems, both were elite talents and both were scooped up by the Rams over other needs
I pretty much agree. I just think Quinn fell primarily because of the suspension and sitting out a year while Gurley fell exclusively because of his knees. I remember reading articles about Quinn from doctors saying there's no risk from his tumor. The only person I remember making a big issue out of it was Tony Softli and no one knows even knows where he is anymore. Totally agree about the Rams taking talent that fell a little over need, though.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Did you see that clip of how fast Gurley was running on that treadmill? I bet he sees the field some time next season.

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't think that's true...I remember hearing some teams took Quinn off their board all together due to the brain tumor
That was a draft day rumor IMO. His own doctor said there was no risk of him playing and he'd be fine in the future. I'm not sure what more teams would be worried about. It was a benign tumor in a harmless spot that isn't growing and getting hit wouldn't risk anything. I'll take Quinn's tumor brain over the brains some of the other Rams players have. I'd definitely take it over bad knees, too. IMO, Quinn fell more due to sitting out a year. People weren't sure if he'd be ready or if he continued to practice his position.

V3

Hall of Fame
Did you see that clip of how fast Gurley was running on that treadmill? I bet he sees the field some time next season.
If I'm betting, I'd put it on him playing this season. I'm just saying it's a possibility that has to be factored in.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
If I'm betting, I'd put it on him playing this season. I'm just saying it's a possibility that has to be factored in.
Yeah, it is a possibility. I was like "damn, he just came off of an acl." Then, when I saw him running I was like "Oh shit, nevermind." LOL

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That was a draft day rumor IMO. His own doctor said there was no risk of him playing and he'd be fine in the future. I'm not sure what more teams would be worried about. It was a benign tumor in a harmless spot that isn't growing and getting hit wouldn't risk anything. I'll take Quinn's tumor brain over the brains some of the other Rams players have. I'd definitely take it over bad knees, too. IMO, Quinn fell more due to sitting out a year. People weren't sure if he'd be ready or if he continued to practice his position.
I know a bit about neurology, but I don't know exactly where his tumor was or how large it is. The one thing that's possible is that even benign tumors (his is benign) can grow. It if grows and impinges on certain areas of the brain it could cause major problems for a pro athlete. There's no such thing as a sure thing when you're talking about brain tumors

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
If the Seahawks drafted Gurley people would be freaking out I bet. We have an elite talent at running back now. Teams will have to take note.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's my recollection on Quinn as well.

The tumor was identified when he was in High School and determined to be benign. He got suspended for acception gifts IIRC, pretty close to what the suspension was for Gurley.

It all comes down to the knee for Gurley... not sure where it will end up, but it is a much bigger risk than the Quinn tumor, IMO.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
No question on the talent. It's just with ACL's you never know. I'm crossing my fingers and toes he comes back stronger like AP did.
Don't even want to think about the Bradford alternative here.