Gurley: Dante Fowler is 'getting to the ball as fast as Aaron Donald'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I believe the Rams would be smart to make a hard run at extending Fowler early in this season if he comes out hot. They don't want to let him hit free agency after a highly successful season because he will want a max 2nd contract (not a home team discount) and will have a number of suitors willing to one up the Rams.
^^^This^^^ I like the way you think!!

~ArkyRamsFan~

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
The Rams saw something they liked in Fowler last year but not enough to give him a lucrative 2nd contract (like they did with Cooks). There is no doubt that Fowler will pick up where he left off and likely continue to grow into a formidable edge rusher. He is also very good at moving laterally as a run defender. His edge presence should also allow Donald to continue his success as an interior pass rusher. I believe the Rams would be smart to make a hard run at extending Fowler early in this season if he comes out hot. They don't want to let him hit free agency after a highly successful season because he will want a max 2nd contract (not a home team discount) and will have a number of suitors willing to one up the Rams.
True. If he does want a big pay day and if the rams cant/dont pay him then here's to hoping ebukam is the answer. If Fowler does turn out to be really good then I hope we keep him and let peters go. Wade's defense works best with a good edge rusher and a press corners. I don't think we keep Peters tbh.