Guitar Solos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MFaulk107

The Realness
Now I know some of us at ROD here enjoy the guitar(I play myself!)
I've been wanting some new solos to my collection of music, recommend some to us all??
Oh n great fckin draft Rams!!

Some of my favorites

Body Count by Body Count, A slow kind of punk rock solo, then gets nice n fast pace

Green Grass and High Tides by The Outlaws, great playing.

Owner of a Lonely Heart by Yes, really cool solo, I feel it's kinda always but unique

The Fire and the Fury by Firewind, His Gus G is crazy, reminds of a newer Randy Rhoades(I know, no 1 is Randy Rhoads)

Black Star by Yngwie Malmsteen it's one of the Neo-Classical gods/pioneers! What more to say?

Lazy by Deep Purple, One of.net favorite guitarist Ritchie Blackmore. Very very original and choppy guitar, great player.

Child in Time by Deep Purple.

Stranglehold by Ted Nugent, love the delay he uses In this, sounds like the heart is venting.

Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson, so so happy and warm.

Maggot Brain by Funkadelic, cool fact! George Clinton(I think don't quote me!) Told Eddie hazel to act like his mom died and make this solo.

Temptation by Prince, I personally feel not enough people realize how crazy prince is at guitar, this is top 3 solos for me personally ever!! The solo is sex.

Sorry for any misspellings, on tablet, very difficult.

WelfareRam

UDFA
Name
Doug
Angus Young- If you want blood live album- Whole lot of Rosie. Same album -Let there be rock.
Dave Miniketti from a band in Nor cal called Y & T. Solo on Forever, Black Tiger album.
Eddie van halen, take your pick..
I also always thought Elliot Easton from the Cars always played tasty solos on many Cars albums
You ever listened to Joe bonafasso? Incredible guitar player..

MFaulk107

The Realness
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angus Young- If you want blood live album- Whole lot of Rosie. Same album -Let there be rock.
Dave Miniketti from a band in Nor cal called Y & T. Solo on Forever, Black Tiger album.
I also always thought Elliot Easton from the Cars always played tasty solos on many Cars albums
Can't say I've heard of him, but will scope em out!

Pho Kadat

Rookie
Hocus Pocus (cover) by Gary Hoey
Capillarian Crest by Mastodon
Summer Song by Joe Satriani

I'll have to come back to this when I'm less tired.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'll give you ten off the top of my head. There's probably well over a thousand if I did the research. I prefer melodic lead guitar over the shredders. The name of the artist and/or guitarist, the song, and the You Tube link. To put ten videos into one post slows down the thread too much at least for my crappy pc.

Amos Garrett - Maria Muldaur's 'Midnight at the Oasis' LINK starts at 1:20

Michael Schenker/UFO - 'Love to Love You' LINK starts at 6:04

Eric Clapton/Cream - 'Badge' LINK starts at 1:37

Jimmy Page/Led Zeppelin - 'Whole Lotta Love' LINK starts at 3:05

Jimmy Page/Led Zeppelin - 'Stairway to Heaven' LINK starts at 5:53

Jimi Hendrix - 'All Along the Watchtower' LINK starts at 1:42

Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits - 'Sultans of Swing' LINK starts at 3:28

Bill Nelson/Be Bop Deluxe - 'Crying to the Sky' LINK starts at 1:46

Jeff Beck/Stevie Wonder - 'Looking For Another Pure Love' LINK starts at 1:47

Elliot Easton/The Cars - 'Shake It up' LINK starts at 1:20

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Alex Lifeson/Rush - 'The Analog Kid'
David Gilmour/Pink Floyd - 'Comfortably Numb'
Brian May/Queen - 'Killer Queen'
Mike Campbell/Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 'Breakdown'

Agree with the earlier post on Elliott Easton -- my particular favorite solo of his: Candy-O

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Alex Lifeson/Rush - 'The Analog Kid'
David Gilmour/Pink Floyd - 'Comfortably Numb'
Brian May/Queen - 'Killer Queen'
Mike Campbell/Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - 'Breakdown'

Agree with the earlier post on Elliott Easton -- my particular favorite solo of his: Candy-O
This is on my top 10.

edit: nevermind it's not. I got Digital Man from the same album. I love most of Lifeson's leads on this album. His guitar work began taking a backseat to the synths for the first time, and as a result his leadwork is badass.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Roy Buchanan was discovered by Jeff Beck playing in a little club. He played an old beat up Fender Telecaster and used no sound effects. He had a tragic end, hanging himself in a jail cell at age 48.

Roy Buchanan - 'The Messiah Will Come Again' LINK starts at 2:26

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'll copy and paste my own post from the last time this subject came up.

#1 Bar none, Jimi Hendrix "Machine Gun" w/Band of Gypsies live at the Filmore. Like Lenny Kravitz once said in an interview when asked about that performance..."After listening to Machine Gun i have to take a nap."
Played with a blend of soul,fire,soaring beauty, pure rawness and aggression. The first note of the lead is sick.....and it hangs there....forever.....until he's about to let you off the hook and no,same note again. Sick. The middle section where Jimi is obviously playing in his own world(probably in another solar system)is like listening to a chorus of dying souls poured out thru a piece of wood & 6 strings....played by a man. Unbelievable. The use of feedback in tiny spots here & there is flawless(live performance). Even Jimi's mastery of having to re-tune his guitar towards the end after sucking the life out of it is a treat to behold.
It's also worth mentioning that this song(and performance)was performed with Jimi & Billie tuned a whole step down to D....and because this tune is played in the low end E configuration , tuning a whole step down gives it that dark,meaty, eerie quality.
Not gonna put a cut in time. It's a lead surrounded by 12 minutes of masterpiece :D

-----------------------------------------------------------

The rest of my favorites not in any particular order....
Eric Johnson "Desert Rose" The king of tone finds melody over a fairly unmelodic chord progression and at the same time get's meaty.
1:30 and 3:10

Toto ""Hold the Line" Pop shredding at it's best....Steve Lukather.
1:40

Pink Floyd "Hey You" Gilmour still my favorite living guitar player. The sweet build thru octaves is mesmerizing along with his signature bends.
2:00

U2 "Even Better than the Real Thing" I love the erotic sound of the slide here. I almost listed "The Fly" but my nod goes to "Real Thing."
2:00

ZZ Top "I need You Tonight" Blues drenched in echo/delay and soul baby.
1:50

Rush "Digital Man" On an album where Lifeson's guitar work took a backseat, he tears it up as if unleashed here.
3:10

Supertramp "Goodbye Stranger" An unorthodox solo but very moving.
4:30

Dire Straits "Sultans of Swing" Well duh...So tasty.
3:25

Janes Addiction "Three Days" If Dave Gilmour was fast and played in a 90's grunge band....
4:30

fearsomefour

Legend
Manikitti is so under rated. Great, great player. Y&T is one of the best live hard rock bands playing around now. Dave is the only original guy left in the band at this point but he plays his ass off and his voice is holding up. Better now than when I first saw them in 87.