Greg Cosell Breaks Down Bradford-Foles Trade –Audio

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cosell--

First thought when you heard about the trade:

"Quite honestly I couldn't believe that the Eagles would make the deal, that was my first thought. Especially when I heard the Rams are also getting a second-round draft choice."

What are the Rams getting with Foles?

"I think ultimately Foles is a complementary quarterback. I think he's a quarterback that needs the run game, that needs the offense to work effectively. They'll have a good defense. I think Foles can be a quality NFL starting quarterback. He throws the ball well. He's a big kid. He has some movement within the pocket. The key with Nick Foles is you have to define things for him. The longer he stays in the pocket, the worse he is and his arm strength declines...because he tends to throw off balance. So things need to be defined for him so the ball comes out. But I think there's talent there. Frank Cignetti is a detailed, disciplined guy and he's going to make sure that Nick Foles is going to do things the right way. I think that's important for Nick. I think he needs to be coached hard with the fundamentals because I think the talent level is pretty hard."

On Foles' accuracy and toughness:

"I think the accuracy is good. It obviously declines the more there's people around him. I think that's a critical thing that needs to be worked on. I don't think there's a problem with his toughness at all, he's a tough kid. He took shots in Philly. Some of them were his own doing, because he was a little slow getting the ball out. But I don't think there's any issue at all with toughness."

What do you think Chip Kelly was thinking with this move?

"The only thing you can think of is Pat Shurmur was in St. Louis...He's the OC in Philly and has a lot to say about the offense. Sam Bradford was a No. 1 pick. He's still viewed as a talented thrower. I think he's a little gun shy in the pocket right now and that's a problem in this league."

More on Bradford:

"I don't think his accuracy is what it was coming out of college. So I think you're dealing with a QB that has a lot to prove. They're starting to sell Sam Bradford jerseys on their website and that doesn't strike me as something you would do if you were ready to flip him. Sam Bradford (ran Kelly's) offense in college. He's played in the speed tempo offense and has been very efficient running it."

If you could have Sam Bradford or Nick Foles running your offense in 2015, who would it be?

"Nick Foles."

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Quick question though. Why wont my computer play the audio? Nothing happens when I hit play.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Love Cosell, albiet, most of his work has the benefit of hindsight since he's looking at NFL tape after the fact. Think he's on point though. I think he hems and haws for his audience when it comes to "potential" but he definitely tells you what he sees and what he needs to improve.

He points out what Chip Kelly pointed out last year, Foles fundamentals fall apart the longer he's in the pocket. That will have to be worked on or he won't improve at all.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Love Cosell, albiet, most of his work has the benefit of hindsight since he's looking at NFL tape after the fact. Think he's on point though. I think he hems and haws for his audience when it comes to "potential" but he definitely tells you what he sees and what he needs to improve.

He points out what Chip Kelly pointed out last year, Foles fundamentals fall apart the longer he's in the pocket. That will have to be worked on or he won't improve at all.

Yeah but he also does projections since he does evaluate college players. He did not believe in Manzeil last year. He never seems to have any bias, which I like. He does not get caught up in media hype at all.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nick Wagoner Willing to Give the Rams “a Premature Victory”

Nick Wagoner joined Kevin Wheeler to talk about the Rams trade of Sam Bradford and how it all came down yesterday, he explains why he’s still not convinced the team wanted to trade Bradford until being overwhelmed by the Eagles, he talked about what this does for the Rams offseason, how much cap space the Rams gained with this trade, would Bradford still be here had he been opened to a pay cut, how this affects the draft, and the outlook of this trade from Bradford and the Eagles perspective.

Listen to Wagoner Talk Trade

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Good listen. Lots of good audio/video today on the trade.