Great time to be a RAMS Fan!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First off, I am extremely happy with this season. Far beyond my wildest expectations, and it looks like we are finally building the right way. No way at the beginning of the year, with a new, young, untested Head Coach, a new offensive scheme, a switch from 4-3 to 3-4, and the 2nd youngest team in the league, could anyone realistically expect more than about 8-8 or maybe 9-7.

To me the 3 biggest reasons for the loss are:
1 - The 2 early turnovers, leading to 10 points.
2 - Brockers going down. They couldn't run on us until he went down. Imagine the Falcons mindset after last years superbowl, if we stop them on the 1st drive of the 2nd half, then score a TD to take the lead. Instead, without Brockers, we couldn't stop the run, and they had a long scoring drive. Giving them the feeling that the game wasn't slipping away from them. The entire 2nd half we had a tough time stopping the run, which gave them the confidence that they were a different playoff team this year.
3 - Post Season jitters, which manifest in a slow start, pressing, and missed opportunities. I always feel like the natural Playoff progression is you get there the first time and get some experience, then the next year you come back and win a game or two, then the following year you come back with a legit shot to win the SB. Obviously, this is a very generic statement, and 'Your experience may vary'.

With all that, we were in the game, a play or a call here or there and it could have been a different outcome.

I am really excited with this team going forward. Looks like we have potential Ownership, Front Office, and Head Coaching continuity moving forward. First time I have felt like this in a LONG time. I think we all knew that we didn't really have all the pieces this year for a 'Wade' 3-4. I am really looking forward to the next couple of years, when we have multiple drafts, picking players that fit the new schemes. To me that is the true benefit of the Steelers/Patriots type of Stability/Continuity. How many re-builds have we been through as fans? How many 2-5 year Head Coaching stints?

I truly believe that McVay is the real deal and can be our long term, stable, creative head coach.

Goff looks to be the real deal. I have been very impressed with his growth from year 1 to 2. Looks to be able to become an elite QB if he stays healthy and continues to progress. I love that McVay is turning him into a 'Coach on the field.'

We get a new Stadium 2 years from now, where we can have much more of a home field advantage. Maybe just in time for us to really be primed for a SB Repeat. LOL

We are trending in the right direction for sure. All of these things are really exciting. I have to squint because the light at the end of the tunnel is so bright and so close.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The sting of this loss will wane. We'll look back and know this team was pretty darn good. Playoffs are a different animal. Intensity is much higher and young players need to learn to control the emotions.

I'm not a fan or moral victories. But these kids are going to go into next year with a lesson learned. They figured out how to win in the regular season. Now they know what it takes to win in the playoffs. They're young and have a lot to learn. That includes the coach.

This was a necessary step. They got a taste of winning. They will come back a little smarter and just as hungry.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My Ram hangover says otherwise today . Lol I will hate watching football for a few days .