Grading Every NFL Team's 2020 Draft Haul

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Thought this was an interesting article by Bleacher Report & by CHRIS ROLING....only four other NFL teams had a lower rating than the Rams. Bottom line he thought this 2020 draft was :poop:. BonifayRam

Grading Every NFL Team's 2020 Draft Haul | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights
Los Angeles Rams
1610728202340.png

• Round 2, Pick No. 52: Cam Akers, RB, Florida State
  • Round 2, Pick No. 57 (from Texans): Van Jefferson, WR, Florida
  • Round 3, Pick No. 84: Terrell Lewis, Edge, Alabama
  • Round 3, Pick No. 104 (comp pick): Terrell Burgess, S, Utah
  • Round 4, Pick No. 136 (from Packers through Dolphins and Texans): Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue
  • Round 6, Pick No. 199: Jordan Fuller, S, Ohio State
  • Round 7, Pick No. 234: Clay Johnston, LB, Baylor
  • Round 7, Pick No. 248 (comp pick from Texans): Sam Sloman, K, Miami (Ohio)
  • Round 7, Pick No. 250 (comp pick from Texans): Tremayne Anchrum, OL, Clemson

• The Los Angeles Rams hoped a bevy of non-first-rounders could generate good value, if not help the contention cause.
    Cam Akers struggled to break free of a crowded backfield but led the team in rushing by a single yard with 625 on a 4.3 yards-per-carry average. Van Jefferson was active for 16 games but finished sixth in receiving. Terrell Lewis only played 12.1 percent of the snaps, though he did generate two sacks.
    Further down the list, sixth-rounder Jordan Fuller was a bit of a breakout player, logging 69 percent of the defense's snaps and picking off three passes en route to a 63.6 PFF grade.
    The value here was largely questionable, especially with capable backs and receivers already on the roster, and there weren't enough flashes to suggest this class will have a large role in the future.
    Grade: C

Last edited:

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Thanks for bringing it over.

I do believe Fuller and Burgess will be Good players. Using PFF grades for Safeties and CBS is Naive for Bleacher.

Also more than likely we're going to lose Brown and Reynolds, so that drafting a Wr and Rb comment, uh ...I think this was suppose to be a bit of a rebuilding mode, this past year/season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Those fuckers. Akers looks like a bluechip back. Fuller is a LB sized safety who looks like a good starter or maybe better. Jefferson started to show and they have Burgess and Hopkins hopefully show up next season.

I'm pretty damn happy with that group.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Those fuckers. Akers looks like a bluechip back. Fuller is a LB sized safety who looks like a good starter or maybe better. Jefferson started to show and they have Burgess and Hopkins hopefully show up next season.

I'm pretty damn happy with that group.

Same here. I don't know what the hell those guys were smoking during their analysis, but it's obviously good shit. Akers really took over as the #1 back late in the season and showed us exactly what we hoped to see from him. Fuller played like a veteran almost right out of the gate. Burgess was playing very well before he got hurt and will make the pain of letting JJ walk be all that much less. Jefferson probably could have done a little more, but I'm not sure that's his fault given that he did well with his opportunities and showed himself to be at least the equal of the guy that was ahead of him on the depth chart, Reynolds.

Lewis worries me with all the injuries, although he can obviously play when healthy. Anchrum can provide quality depth. Not sure what we have in Hopkins.

Only real busts were Sloman and Johnston.

A pretty decent haul if you ask me.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really funny too because our first two draft picks scored 3/4 playoff TDs.

It's just so....stupid to even have these articles without projecting some. How many other teams had better contributions from their rookies? I can't think of any.

The only uncertainty are with Burgess, Lewis and Hopkins due to lack of PT, but these guys were mid round picks. I'm super confident that this will be one of the best draft classes

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come back to me in a couple years we can grade the draft :)

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Akers and Fuller showed they’re 2 solid starters. That alone makes the draft decent—pretty good when you consider Fuller was a 6th rounder and we are looking at 3 picks between them who flashed.

Burgess was starting to play well before he was injured.
Jefferson will have a bigger role/opportunity if Reynolds leaves.
Lewis showed he’s a solid player when he was on the field. He made a few choice plays. He just has to STAY on the field.

All 3 of those guys could be starting next year. 5 starters from one draft that didn’t feature a 1rst rounder? Hmmm.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Burgess was starting to play well before he was injured.
Jefferson will have a bigger role/opportunity if Reynolds leaves.
Lewis showed he’s a solid player when he was on the field. He made a few choice plays. He just has to STAY on the field.

i am just hoping that our drafting success didn't leave to be detroits gm.