Gordon's Chat Highlights: Could See Fisher Taking Clowney

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Gordon’s Chat Highlights

—I could see Fisher overruling everybody and grabbing Clowney if he is there.

—Good question. I suppose the Rams could pass on a WR in this draft and trust Britt to add competition to the incumbents, but taking a WR in the second round seems way more appealing. Sticking with the incumbents plus a retread would show a lot of faith in players still striving to become impact players.

—The Rams won’t know much about Long until much, much, MUCH closer to training camp. His best-case scenario had him recovering just in time to play the real games. Les Snead expressed optimism about Long’s recovery, but then again Les also indicated this team doesn’t have any big holes — which is hardly the case.

—Fisher suggested that could certainly happen. It was interesting to hear him characterize Robinson as somebody who would need time to develop at OT . . . or even move inside, ala Saffold.

—There is only one Clowney. There are three QBs better than the rest. Watkins appears to be better than other WRs and there are also two elite OTs.

—Trading out of the No. 2 pick and taking an OT has always been the sane call. Then the team could address safety at No. 13 overall.

—Pro days matter, because players often improve their times/performance. But then the individual workouts are the most important because the coaches get to dictate the testing. Pro day testing tends to be under highly favorable conditions for the players. Coaches like to take players out of their comfort zone to see what happens.

—Dix or Gilbert at #13? Dix. He is exactly what the Rams need in the secondary.

Read All Gordon's Highlights

Alan

Legend
"—Trading out of the No. 2 pick and taking an OT has always been the sane call. Then the team could address safety at No. 13 overall."
I'm barely ecstatic about this. :whistle:

If it came true that is. :cautious:

PhxRam

"—Trading out of the No. 2 pick and taking an OT has always been the sane call. Then the team could address safety at No. 13 overall."
I'm barely ecstatic about this. :whistle:

Great Debbie is back

Alan

Legend
And bad as ever.
upload_2014-3-30_21-32-2.jpeg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Les Snead expressed optimism about Long’s recovery, but then again Les also indicated this team doesn’t have any big holes — which is hardly the case.

Gordon is a writer or a personnel guy?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

;)

Haha! I was joking. But, you DID clear it up.

I just find his "which is hardly the case" comment BS. He's no more capable of making that statement than the average fan. What does Gordon know about building an NFL roster?

Alan

Legend
CGI_Ram reading too much into it:

Haha! I was joking. But, you DID clear it up.

I just find his "which is hardly the case" comment BS. He's no more capable of making that statement than the average fan. What does Gordon know about building an NFL roster?
I think he's simply saying that you can't trust anything they say about personnel and he was just citing a very credible example.

Somebody probably asked when Long was coming back and he basically said he has no idea and to not trust anything the FO says about it.

We already knew that right? :)