Gonna be a fun offseason again, huh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
After seeing the gigantic improvements that resulted from all of the coaching and personnel moves made last offseason, who cannot be excited by what lies ahead?

If the upcoming personnel moves are anywhere near as solid as those of last year? The moves that took us from 4-12 to 11-5? It’ll be Wow! Just WOW!

The coaching is set, of course, and that was a biggie.

I see the following:

Some OL depth added, but not at the top of the draft, unless a LOT that they really, really like falls to them at #23. Seems somewhat doubtful.

The existing TE corps gets a ton of attention and steps up to take a significant place in McVay’s O. Don’t see a high draft pick at TE. A big outside FA brought in would also surprise me.

Sounds like Snead is hellbent on keeping Watkins. If not, then I do see them bringing in a FA at WR to try to duplicate their success with Woods last year. Might be a good bang for the buck move. Either way, our WR corps would seem set.

We bring in a new NT. Might be our 1st rounder, even. If not there, then maybe the 3rd. Would seem a big step toward improving Wade’s run D.

I expect some serious changes in our LB corps. A major renovation. Quinn probably gone. Maybe Barwin, too. Barron might be offloaded and Tree moved to his position. The 3 missing pieces to be filled by some combo of draft, outside FA, and maybe somebody already on the roster. Ebukam and/or Littleton? I dunno. We’ll see how Wade wants to play it. Our pick at #23 just might be a LB.

I make TruJo 75% to be gone. Won’t sign for a reasonable amount. TBH, won’t break my heart, anyway. A press man CB might be Wade’s preference, at that. New CB might be from the draft. Another possible choice at #23, but could be later. Snead has been very good at that. Otherwise, I see 2 FA’s brought in to be our starting outside CB’s. Can’t count on Webster’s healthy return and can’t count on Troy Hill as our other starter just yet. But here’s the thing. Snead and Wade both know CB’s and what they need in a player for best fit. So I have every confidence that they’re all over this CB situation.

Joyner will be extended. I would even use a “bank it” on that, frankly. JJ is our other starter at Safety.

All other players brought in will be for depth.

After the monumental changes last offseason, this season’s challenges seem like child’s play by comparison.

To summarize our offseason priorities:

Fix NT
Fix CB
Fix LB corps (hopefully, 3 moves there)
Make a decision on Watkins, one way or another.

The result just might be a SB worthy team.

Hot Damn!

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Can we make one thread please? We have at least 5 different threads with the same exact content and it's kind of redundant. Just sayin'

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
After seeing the gigantic improvements that resulted from all of the coaching and personnel moves made last offseason, who cannot be excited by what lies ahead?

It's going to be fun to see what Snead does in his second off season calling the shots. IMO he's going to pull off a couple of surprises as usual and I expect one Aaron Donald to get locked up long term.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
It's good to have a #1 pick again. (y)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000855915/article/2018-nfl-draft-order-and-team-needs-nos-2132

23. Los Angeles Rams
Record: 11-5 (.504)
Top needs: CB, OL, LB
The skinny: The Rams have built their defensive front over the years, but need to find a top-tier CB to add to the mix. They could look to add a guard or center inside the top three rounds to solidify that emerging unit. The Rams could be looking for another inside linebacker, as well, with Mark Barron due to carry a big cap number next season.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's good to have a #1 pick again. (y)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000855915/article/2018-nfl-draft-order-and-team-needs-nos-2132

23. Los Angeles Rams
Record:
11-5 (.504)
Top needs: CB, OL, LB
The skinny: The Rams have built their defensive front over the years, but need to find a top-tier CB to add to the mix. They could look to add a guard or center inside the top three rounds to solidify that emerging unit. The Rams could be looking for another inside linebacker, as well, with Mark Barron due to carry a big cap number next season.

I think Snead is going to move up or move down. I just have a feeling he doesn't like picking down that far and will either make a move to get a player they want or trade out for extra picks this year and next.

The Browns have the #1 and #4 picks. Plus 3 second rounders. Snead is probably working on them right now LOL.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I expect Snead to trade up for an impact prospect or trade down for a multiple blue chip prospects and get good value out of it; I will figuratively cream my pants if we end up with Da'Ron Payne

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Late round 1 always has someone of value slide. If it is a position of need they take him. If not they will move down because there will be a really nice collection of need position players in rounds 2 and 3.

Adding a round 3 pick in this particular draft would be really nice.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
The biggest thing for me is the trust I have in this coaching staff, Snead and Demoff to improve the team. Not since the Robinson era have I felt this good for the future of the Rams. Rams are in good hands. I firmly believe in this group of leadership, that they are on the right track, have a good plan for the future and will make the Rams contenders not just next year, but for years to come. I'm looking forward to attending TC.

About freaking time.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Late round 1 always has someone of value slide. If it is a position of need they take him. If not they will move down because there will be a really nice collection of need position players in rounds 2 and 3.

Adding a round 3 pick in this particular draft would be really nice.

I see it exactly the same way, Merlin.

I see a trade down as far more likely than a trade up.

As you say, a quality player will inevitably slide to #23, probably several that they really like. If one is at a position of need, they should pounce.

If not, OR if they think players of more or less equal value will be there in the 2nd, then Snead trades down. Like he did last year when he still got Everett and Johnson?

Like you, I really trust S&M on these matters. What a great feeling that is, btw, after the preceding 14 years before McVay.

TexasRam

Legend
I think Snead and Mcvay both follow the same strategy with talking about players on their team. Signed and free agent.

They both always talk about how important the players are. Even if they are not in the long term or immediate plans. Even if they don’t place a high value on the player.

I believe Mcvay did this with Tavon much like how Snead addressed Watkins.

This is a great approach for many reasons:

1 The player doesn’t become a cancer.
2 Respecting people is contagious, filters down to the locker room.
3 Trade Value
4 Re-signing the player with a home town discount is more likely because the player feels the coach sees his value.
5 etc

I personally think every player has value for the right price.

I’d be willing to bet Snead and Mcvay have no plans to signing Watkins to a huge contract. But rather, they would like to have him on a hometown discount incentive deal as someone that knows the system and played inconsistent but has some upside.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I’m excited as hell! I promise you a lot of people are gonna wanna go to sunny LA and play for McVay

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Hau'oli Kikaha (LB, Saints)????? Does not fit there scheme and could be had for cheap I think he flourishes in wades system edge rusher we need and makes no money I believe.....thoughts anyone????

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I am excited about the off-season exceptional job so far, but also excited that deutschland will take the world cup. Again.