Goff Showed Me Something Yesterday!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamWoodie

Legend
Yesterday I saw the Jared Goff I've been waiting to see!!! He used his mobility, scrambled, and improvised *probably* more than he had all season...AND I WAS IMPRESSED!!!

Prior to yesterday I really worried if the game would be too big for Goff...but yesterday he showed me:

*MATURITY

*CALM UNDER PRESSURE

*LEADERSHIP

*SITUATIONAL AWARENESS

I always thought he had it in him...and yesterday they showed up in a big way!

HE WAS THE MVP YESTERDAY...NO DOUBT IN MY MIND!!!

Rainram

Starter
He was a stud. Especially when you consider the pick wasn’t his fault. And his receivers dropped at least three passes I can think of (Gurley - 2, and Reynolds - 1). I LOVE Todd, but his drops hurt bad. So Goff easily could had three more completions, one less INT and about 30 more yards...at minimum!

MVP of that game for sure. Several honorable mentions for sure, but the drives at the end of both halves (!!), clutch throws, kept his composure, in a very hostile environment. Great game.

(If that was Mahomes or Dak the media would be on their nuts. Goff is barely getting mentioned at all today)

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
He was a stud. Especially when you consider the pick wasn’t his fault. And his receivers dropped at least three passes I can think of (Gurley - 2, and Reynolds - 1). I LOVE Todd, but his drops hurt bad. So Goff easily could had three more completions, one less INT and about 30 more yards...at minimum!

MVP of that game for sure. Several honorable mentions for sure, but the drives at the end of both halves (!!), clutch throws, kept his composure, in a very hostile environment. Great game.

(If that was Mahomes or Dak the media would be on their nuts. Goff is barely getting mentioned at all today)

TURF SHOW TIMES

The moment is never too big for Los Angeles Rams QB Jared Goff

In a game in which the running game completely faltered, franchise QB Jared Goff proved he belonged.

By Sosa Kremenjas@QBsMVP Jan 21, 2019, 11:30am CST

Jared Goff is meticulously known to be an even-keeled player and person. He’s never one to show too much emotion whether the situation happens to be good or bad.

Part of what makes Goff a unique player is just that, nothing can bother the guy on an emotional level. He knows how to remain calm, keep the situation at bay, and attack it with a clear-eyed view. In the biggest game of his short career, Goff was staring down the barrel of a gun at multiple points in the NFC Championship game. There were a handful of drives in which he proved that the moment simply isn’t too big for him.

The first moment was the two-minute drive before half time. Goff completed 4/6 passes on the drive for 75 yards, allowing a 6-yard Todd Gurley scamper to end the drive with a touchdown. The pass deep down the left sideline to WR Brandin Cooks was particularly gorgeous, and could have went for a touchdown had Cooks not been face masked (which was missed by the way).

The second drive started with 10:55 left in the fourth quarter, and this proved to be a turning point in the game. Prior to one play, Goff was seen running out wide right to tell TE Gerald Everettsomething. The dome was absolutely electric which is why he had to run out there and tell him the call. The play clock clicked down quickly and the Rams had to burn a timeout because of it, but it was a pivotal play in the game. On the ensuing snap, Goff sat in the pocket for what felt like ever, had nobody open, scrambled right keeping his eyes downfield, and let a bullet fly. The pass flew off camera leaving us all gasping for air, though Everett pulled in a big reception on the other end of the pass, turned up field, and created a 39-yard play on a broken 3rd-and-3 that probably should have never happened. Goff completed another 33-yard pass to Josh Reynolds on the drive on a wheel route up the left sideline. The drive ultimately sputtered in the redzone with the Rams tying the game on a field goal.

The third drive for Goff was the one where legends are made. The Rams had one remaining timeout and only 1:41 on the clock remaining in the game and down by three points. In the biggest possible moment, Goff ripped darts to Josh Reynolds for 19 yards, Brandin Cooks for 7 yards, Robert Woods for 16 yards, and Todd Gurley for 3 yards. This drive allowed K Greg Zuerlein to line up for the game tying 48-yard field goal.

Onto overtime we go.

Saints win the toss, they receive, and lets fast forward to just after the QB hit by OLB Dante Fowler Jr that led to the interception by SS John Johnson III.

The Rams now have the ball in overtime at their own 46-yard line, only needing a field goal to win the game.

Here’s the first play of that drive:

That was followed by a nearly-fumbled -3 yard run by C.J. Anderson.

Then we had part two of a legendary play and completion that saved the drive by Goff:

It cannot be overstated how great these two plays were by Goff. He should have been sacked on both occasions. Instead, he extended the plays just long enough to hit TE Tyler Higbee for two positive gains (one of 12 yards, one for six yards) that allowed Greg Zuerlein to hit the game-winning 57-yard field goal.

We’ve seen Goff take massive steps every year under Head Coach Sean McVay, and now he’s the youngest quarterback to ever go to a Superbowl. The man that was once thought of as a massive bust has a chance to be a Superbowl winning quarterback in only the third year of his career, and that needs to be appreciated and celebrated.

Go get ‘em, #16!

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
TURF SHOW TIMES

The moment is never too big for Los Angeles Rams QB Jared Goff

In a game in which the running game completely faltered, franchise QB Jared Goff proved he belonged.

By Sosa Kremenjas@QBsMVP Jan 21, 2019, 11:30am CST

Jared Goff is meticulously known to be an even-keeled player and person. He’s never one to show too much emotion whether the situation happens to be good or bad.

Part of what makes Goff a unique player is just that, nothing can bother the guy on an emotional level. He knows how to remain calm, keep the situation at bay, and attack it with a clear-eyed view. In the biggest game of his short career, Goff was staring down the barrel of a gun at multiple points in the NFC Championship game. There were a handful of drives in which he proved that the moment simply isn’t too big for him.

The first moment was the two-minute drive before half time. Goff completed 4/6 passes on the drive for 75 yards, allowing a 6-yard Todd Gurley scamper to end the drive with a touchdown. The pass deep down the left sideline to WR Brandin Cooks was particularly gorgeous, and could have went for a touchdown had Cooks not been face masked (which was missed by the way).

The second drive started with 10:55 left in the fourth quarter, and this proved to be a turning point in the game. Prior to one play, Goff was seen running out wide right to tell TE Gerald Everettsomething. The dome was absolutely electric which is why he had to run out there and tell him the call. The play clock clicked down quickly and the Rams had to burn a timeout because of it, but it was a pivotal play in the game. On the ensuing snap, Goff sat in the pocket for what felt like ever, had nobody open, scrambled right keeping his eyes downfield, and let a bullet fly. The pass flew off camera leaving us all gasping for air, though Everett pulled in a big reception on the other end of the pass, turned up field, and created a 39-yard play on a broken 3rd-and-3 that probably should have never happened. Goff completed another 33-yard pass to Josh Reynolds on the drive on a wheel route up the left sideline. The drive ultimately sputtered in the redzone with the Rams tying the game on a field goal.

The third drive for Goff was the one where legends are made. The Rams had one remaining timeout and only 1:41 on the clock remaining in the game and down by three points. In the biggest possible moment, Goff ripped darts to Josh Reynolds for 19 yards, Brandin Cooks for 7 yards, Robert Woods for 16 yards, and Todd Gurley for 3 yards. This drive allowed K Greg Zuerlein to line up for the game tying 48-yard field goal.

Onto overtime we go.

Saints win the toss, they receive, and lets fast forward to just after the QB hit by OLB Dante Fowler Jr that led to the interception by SS John Johnson III.

The Rams now have the ball in overtime at their own 46-yard line, only needing a field goal to win the game.

Here’s the first play of that drive:

That was followed by a nearly-fumbled -3 yard run by C.J. Anderson.

Then we had part two of a legendary play and completion that saved the drive by Goff:

It cannot be overstated how great these two plays were by Goff. He should have been sacked on both occasions. Instead, he extended the plays just long enough to hit TE Tyler Higbee for two positive gains (one of 12 yards, one for six yards) that allowed Greg Zuerlein to hit the game-winning 57-yard field goal.

We’ve seen Goff take massive steps every year under Head Coach Sean McVay, and now he’s the youngest quarterback to ever go to a Superbowl. The man that was once thought of as a massive bust has a chance to be a Superbowl winning quarterback in only the third year of his career, and that needs to be appreciated and celebrated.

Go get ‘em, #16!
Bumped the post to note this comment on the long pass to Cooks before halftime:

"The pass deep down the left sideline to WR Brandin Cooks was particularly gorgeous, and could have went for a touchdown had Cooks not been face masked (which was missed by the way)."

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bravo! Nice post, you summed up how I felt with words. Yesterday's game was intense, if it wasn't for a whole team effort, we could be easily talking about what could've been and whose to blame for us losing.

It was very nice for us to overcome all those non calls and blown plays.

MachS

Hall of Fame
It was the biggest test of his life and he passed with flying colors. To overcome the early onslaught, the noise, and to bring us back from the brink was legendary. He out-duled a first ballot HOFer in a hostile environment, after being down early. The throws he made in the 4th and OT were the most impressive of his career under the circumstances.

With his inconsistent play the past month, no one has been tougher on him than me. Because we all see the talent and performances in other games, its frustrating when he misses easy throws or looks out of sorts at times under pressure. But last night was his night, and he now knows he can win any game, anywhere, under any circumstances.

He wont be afraid in the SB going against Brady. The moment wasnt too big for him yesterday and he was the one that led us to victory.

Vinny posted a link late last night to an article he wrote, specifically around a speech Goff made to the team down 13-0. That is some real leadership type stuff there!! Anyone have a link to the Athletic article? :)

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Love what Goff did yesterday. Only wish he had hit Woods in stride on the last drive.....would of been a TD.

But he showed tremendous guts yesterday and he is still just a kid who is only going to learn and grow from yesterday.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He gets credit for pulling himself up off the mat after a bad first quarter and then putting the team on his back and bringing home the win.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So proud of the whole team but our kid QB especially. This win was one of those befitting an elite QB, clutch performance in a huge game. And what's cool is while the Patriots bring Belichick's ability to smoke 'n mirror the F out of young QBs he shouldn't have any problems communicating in the big game.

Gonna be fun to see how he handles it. Oh and I eagerly await Gurley's production in the Super Bowl too. IMO TGII is going to factor in big time.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Super+Bowl+LIII.jpg

qzj1r4rb4pb21.jpg

jared-goff-fan.jpg

Bkfld_Rams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I heard this yesterday...

Goff is going to the Superbowl in his third year. That is the fastest ever for a quarterback picked #1 overall.

TexasRam

Legend
I said in the “Is Goff Elite” thread that Goff is on an Elite Trajectory, but that he can’t be called Elite until he proves himself under pressure in big games.

Goff has NOW shown the ability to carry his team on his back under the most extreme road pressure situations.

That Saints game was one for the ages.

If Goff has a big Super Bowl game and leads the Rams to Victory he’s going to start being talked about in the Elite conversation.

Flint

Pro Bowler
What a difference a few days make, there were several pundits ranking Goff as the #4 qb (probably cuz there were only 4 left). The guy can spin it with the best of them.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Yesterday I saw the Jared Goff I've been waiting to see!!! He used his mobility, scrambled, and improvised *probably* more than he had all season...AND I WAS IMPRESSED!!!

Prior to yesterday I really worried if the game would be too big for Goff...but yesterday he showed me:

*MATURITY

*CALM UNDER PRESSURE

*LEADERSHIP

*SITUATIONAL AWARENESS

I always thought he had it in him...and yesterday they showed up in a big way!

HE WAS THE MVP YESTERDAY...NO DOUBT IN MY MIND!!!

Yer late to the party, pal

And another Jeff Fisher QB makes the Super Bowl....wherever Case lands best year should feel pretty good!

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Bumped the post to note this comment on the long pass to Cooks before halftime:

"The pass deep down the left sideline to WR Brandin Cooks was particularly gorgeous, and could have went for a touchdown had Cooks not been face masked (which was missed by the way)."

upload_2019-1-21_23-25-9.gif

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
In the overtime, Goff made two incredible plays with pressure in his face that gave us the yardage for Greg Z to show that he may also he a HOF. And props to Hekker as the game winner FG was a bad snap. Let's finish the story and win the Lombardi. I can't even stand the thought of the Rams not winnings.