Givens/Jenkins inactive

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
There are various reports that Chris Givens and Jenkins have been suspended this game by Fisher. No one knows what they did, but apparently they "broke team rules". I hope it's a wake-up call.

I was really hoping that with Danny A back that Givens would have even more room to roam. Our chances of winning this game just went down.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
According to the announcers, Kellen Heard was cut because of this. Either way, this hurts us a lot. Hopefully the two rookies have learned their lesson.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Memento said:
According to the announcers, Kellen Heard was cut because of this. Either way, this hurts us a lot. Hopefully the two rookies have learned their lesson.

It'll be interesting to see what they did. I figured maybe they were late to a meeting or out past curfew or something, but someone said it wasn't from curfew, and cutting a guy for being late seems pretty harsh.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Guess we'll never know what the FUCK happened here,,, but it's safe to say that it cost us BIG TIME.

They fucking try and teach lessons in college ball.... these guys are getting fucking paid. Still trying to decide how I feel about this mystery.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:
Guess we'll never know what the freak happened here,,, but it's safe to say that it cost us BIG TIME.

They freaking try and teach lessons in college ball.... these guys are getting freaking paid. Still trying to decide how I feel about this mystery.
Me too. I heard rumors it was because they missed a practice on Tuesday, but I'm not sure. I can understand Fisher wanting to keep it close to his vest, but having Givens out there may have been the difference between a tie and a win. I sincerely hope both have learned their lessons on whatever they did.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
Selassie I said:
Guess we'll never know what the freak happened here,,, but it's safe to say that it cost us BIG TIME.

They freaking try and teach lessons in college ball.... these guys are getting freaking paid. Still trying to decide how I feel about this mystery.
Me too. I heard rumors it was because they missed a practice on Tuesday, but I'm not sure. I can understand Fisher wanting to keep it close to his vest, but having Givens out there may have been the difference between a tie and a win. I sincerely hope both have learned their lessons on whatever they did.
Certainly wasn't a popular decision keeping those two out of the game, but it does accomplish something. One, they (and the whole team) know that structure is important and not adhering to the rules has real consequences. And two, it makes the players hold each other accountable. I'll bet this sort of thing doesn't happen again the rest of the year, or even while Fisher is head coach.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Selassie I said:
Guess we'll never know what the FUCK happened here,,, but it's safe to say that it cost us BIG TIME.

They fucking try and teach lessons in college ball.... these guys are getting fucking paid. Still trying to decide how I feel about this mystery.
I gotta believe Givens and Jenkins only got a pass o being waived becausethey were signing bonus babies.
JMO but Fisher doesn't do this over forgetting to clip your fingernails.

As far as what it cost us, Quick had THE BIG CATCH givens would have.

Tru didn't get burned any worse than JJ has been lately in fact IMO the Niners were looking for JJ and thrown off a little because he wasn't out there.
SO I'm not SURE it DID hurt us

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's Heard's third season as a journeyman. Easy person to make an example of. It won't hurt the depth at position much and you show your rookies that this guy has been in the league long enough that he should have known better. Soooooo buh bye and good luck getting a decent NFL contract.

diggity

Rookie
I just hope with Givens coming back, that it doesn't put Quick back on "kid gloves" status. Brian needs to be in the game a lot more often. Not go backwards because Givens is a deep threat a couple of times a game. Both in the game at the same time is what the RAMS should be going for.
GO RAMS!!!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Got a man crush there Diggs? :sly: OK - maybe you're right but... Just sayin' :what:

Yeah - seriously though, I'd like to see more BQ. Everyone talks about match-ups. He can be a match-up problem for sure.