Givens guaranteed?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We have a few guys who are better at returns than Givens.
I don't think his making the team will come down to his return skills...
...but what do I know?

Slappy967

Starter
Feel like we haven't gotten a real good look at Reid's body of work as a return man yet either. Veltung seems like he is about the same level as Givens in the return game. Any other guys I should look for in the last 2 games? Moe? Franklin? Anyone?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Have they been getting practice reps in at camp Coach?

Mason moreso than Cunningham. As he demonstrated on the Pead return, Cunningham is turning into a very good lead blocker on the KOR team. I also want to see Reid show up on some of the coverage units, then I might consider him more as the last DB for his return ability.

And trust me, I am not a big fan of Reid's based on what he has shown, or more like hasn't shown at training camp thus far.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
And trust me, I am not a big fan of Reid's based on what he has shown, or more like hasn't shown at training camp thus far.

He had a couple of nice tackles in tonight's game, which at least in my mind suggests that he'd be good in special teams coverage units. But as a cornerback... not so much.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Mason moreso than Cunningham. As he demonstrated on the Pead return, Cunningham is turning into a very good lead blocker on the KOR team. I also want to see Reid show up on some of the coverage units, then I might consider him more as the last DB for his return ability.

Reid had a really impressive game today, maybe he just needed to shake off the rust. I understand he didn't do much in camp, so I'm not expecting huge things out of him, but it was a good game. I think his best attribute is as a returner. Mostly punt, but he's a good kick returner as well. If he shows something there, and builds on this game playing D, he could earn a roster spot.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Reid had a really impressive game today, maybe he just needed to shake off the rust. I understand he didn't do much in camp, so I'm not expecting huge things out of him, but it was a good game. I think his best attribute is as a returner. Mostly punt, but he's a good kick returner as well. If he shows something there, and builds on this game playing D, he could earn a roster spot.

He is not going to make this team as a CB. It will have to be because of his Special Teams contributions. And that will have to be more than just as a backup punt returner. He needs to be dynamic as a KOR, and show up on coverage teams, something that has yet to happen.

Keep in mind, that EJ Gaines was not dressed tonight, nor was Woodard, or Jenkins. That is the ONLY reason both Reid and Roberson saw anything other than 3rd unit reps.

lockdnram21

Legend
He is not going to make this team as a CB. It will have to be because of his Special Teams contributions. And that will have to be more than just as a backup punt returner. He needs to be dynamic as a KOR, and show up on coverage teams, something that has yet to happen.

Keep in mind, that EJ Gaines was not dressed tonight, nor was Woodard, or Jenkins. That is the ONLY reason both Reid and Roberson saw anything other than 3rd unit reps.

I know u keep saying he Roberson doesn't tackle but I would keep him over Mcgee and Woodard

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I know u keep saying he Roberson doesn't tackle but I would keep him over Mcgee and Woodard

have beaten this to death...... not likely,,, maybe Woodard, but McGee is too valuable on ST, something Roberson will never be.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Unless he gets 15 touches a night, I don't see why Austin can't do it. Anymore 50% of it is watching it dribble out of the back of the end zone.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Mason seems made for KO return IMO. He's great in space, elusive and tough. (and our 3rd string back)

Givens is timid - he looks like a fumble waiting to happen.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I am not a fan of Givens as KR. He's never shown much there.

Unfortunately, he may be the only option.
The 2 times I've seen him do it this preseason I thought he has looked really good.