Get to know rookie: Trey Watts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...now-a-rookie-trey-watts?ex_cid=espnapi_public

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- We've officially reached the closest thing to a dead period the NFL has to offer these days as organized team activities (OTAs) are over and training camp has not yet arrived.

That means vacation time for the players, coaches and, yes, reporters. In the meantime, let's get to know some of the less-heralded additions to the Rams roster: the rookie free agents.

Trey Watts

Position: Running back

College: Tulsa

Height: 5-foot-9

Weight: 208 pounds

Stat to know: The former walk-on became a productive back for Tulsa and by his final season was one of the better backs in the country. He rushed for 1,329 yards, had another 395 receiving yards and scored a dozen touchdowns. Finished his career in the top 10 rushers in school history.

Road to the roster: The son of former Oklahoma football star J.C. Watts, the younger Watts is going to have a tough task in front of him in order to make the roster. Things cleared up a bit when the Rams released Daryl Richardson but there are still plenty of obstacles in front of him.Zac Stacy, Benny Cunningham and rookie Tre Mason are in the driver's seat for the top three spots but the Rams did carry five backs a year ago which could leave Watts with a shot to make it. Isaiah Pead remains on the roster as does Chase Reynolds. Both played special-teams roles last year and theoretically Watts could emerge to claim a similar spot if he fares well on those units.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Wow. After reading that, I have extensive knowledge of Watts now.
I feel like we're almost ... brothers.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
J.C. Watts was a heck of a QB at Oklahoma running the wishbone...Trey will be lucky to get any carries with the likes of Stacy, Mason, Cunningham, Pead and the all purpose Chase Reynolds.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wow. After reading that, I have extensive knowledge of Watts now.
I feel like we're almost ... brothers.

Not much meat on the bone, eh?

:LOL: