GET ON RECORD: Your preferred picks last weekend

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Let's all get on record with who you would have taken last weekend if you were Les Snead. We can look back at this after the season and laugh at each other. Assume all trades happened as they did, because otherwise it gets even weirder.

Mine:

#10 - Andrus Peat
#57 - AJ Cann
#72 - PJ Williams
#89 - TJ Clemmings
#119 - Max Garcia
#201 - Sasser
#215 - Ben Koyack
#224 - Gerod Holliman

Well, there it is. I'm on record. Let's see how silly I look after the season.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Round 2 Todd Gurley
Round 3 Rob Havenstein
Round 4 Jamon Brown
Round 4 Sean Mannion
Round 5 Andrew Donnal
Round 7 Bud Sasser
Round 7 Cody Wichmann
UDFA Bryce Hager
UDFA Martin Ifedi

What? Apparently everyone was taken a round early, that should solve the problem.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Round 2 Todd Gurley
Round 3 Rob Havenstein
Round 4 Jamon Brown
Round 4 Sean Mannion
Round 5 Andrew Donnal
Round 7 Bud Sasser
Round 7 Cody Wichmann
UDFA Bryce Hager
UDFA Martin Ifedi

What? Apparently everyone was taken a round early, that should solve the problem.
Haha, well played. I'm not asking people to say they did or didn't like the Rams' picks, just... everyone has their own opinions of who they wanted at each spot. The guy that when Goodell was reading the card, you had his name in your brain. This is an exercise in seeing if anyone of us is remotely capable of running a draft and should not be seen as an indictment of the Rams' draft, which I rather liked.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I probably would have taken AJ Cann and took a chance on TJ Clemmings as well. I will defer to the Rams decision makers on this

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I probably would have taken AJ Cann and took a chance on TJ Clemmings as well. I will defer to the Rams decision makers on this
I do as well. I just know who I wanted to take at the Rams' picks, and wanted to get on record so I can either say "Hey, I got one right!" or "Damn, so this is why Kroenke hasn't called me asking me to come to Rams Park, deliver a pink slip to Les Snead, and take over operations."

It's so easy to say "Man, in 2012 I totally wouldn't have taken Justin Blackmon" when he busts out of the league. But I don't know how much of that is me remembering what I want to remember.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Haha, well played. I'm not asking people to say they did or didn't like the Rams' picks, just... everyone has their own opinions of who they wanted at each spot. The guy that when Goodell was reading the card, you had his name in your brain. This is an exercise in seeing if anyone of us is remotely capable of running a draft and should not be seen as an indictment of the Rams' draft, which I rather liked.

I'm glad someone started it to be honest, there's some people who believe themselves capable of being better scouts than the pros, it will be nice to have something to look back on.

Me? I'm happy with what the Rams did, not sure I'd change any of the top 4 round picks, and after that it becomes more or less guess work.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I won't claim to know prospects beyond round 3 or so, and looking at what was available at our slots, I can't say I would change anything through the first 3 rounds. I was not a fan of the Gurley pick originally, but the player I wanted in rd 1 (Scherff) was already off the board. Gurley looks like a bargain @ #10 if he stays healthy.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I won't claim to know prospects beyond round 3 or so, and looking at what was available at our slots, I can't say I would change anything through the first 3 rounds. I was not a fan of the Gurley pick originally, but the player I wanted in rd 1 (Scherff) was already off the board. Gurley looks like a bargain @ #10 if he stays healthy.
When Goodell came out and said "With the tenth selection in the 2015 NFL draft, the Rams select..." who did your mind insert?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
When Goodell came out and said "With the tenth selection in the 2015 NFL draft, the Rams select..." who did your mind insert?

I thought the pick was going to be Peat. But I'm so, so glad that it was Gurley! I was actually shocked and had no clue at all they would be thinking RB there.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
#1 Cameron Erving
#2 Ali Marpet
#3 Paul Dawson
#4 DeAndre Smelter

Would have preferred we trade picks for Mariota, sign La'el Collins and take a chance but it's probably just as well.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Round 2 Todd Gurley
Round 3 Rob Havenstein
Round 4 Jamon Brown
Round 4 Sean Mannion
Round 5 Andrew Donnal
Round 7 Bud Sasser
Round 7 Cody Wichmann
UDFA Bryce Hager
UDFA Martin Ifedi

You stole my idea! :)

RamzFanz

Damnit

For me, I thought it would be a trade down or Parker, who I believe will be a stud.

The rest of the draft I nailed the positions except for ILB, just not the names, and I have nothing better to offer.

beej

Rookie
I sure wasn't thinking Gurley, except that I was listening to 101.1 and Steve Savard called it early based on a tweet from Schefter.

I just figured it would be the best available Lineman. They always surprise me with there #1 pick. Which simply tells me, I don't know much.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Trade back
Humphries
Jalen Collins
La'el Collins
Best center....ahhh shucks....I've re-set the engine....I kinda wanna see the draftees....but I woulda had Hundley in there

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

Ya know....I can't even remember, haha. I was a few beers deep and congratulating my co-worker (Redskins fan) on the Scherff pick and didn't even have an idea where they were going at that point. Maybe Erving?? How about you?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Ya know....I can't even remember, haha. I was a few beers deep and congratulating my co-worker (Redskins fan) on the Scherff pick and didn't even have an idea where they were going at that point. Maybe Erving?? How about you?
Peat or Parker (Spider Man, hahaha). Really, I thought Parker was the choice.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was hoping we got Ali Marpet, but I'm very comfortable with the way things turned out!

WvuIN02

Starter
Bud Dupree was the guy I was hoping they would take. He's raw, but his upside is as high as anyone in this draft. Trae Waynes is also a stud pressing corner which fits with what GW likes to do (ie blitz) and would have been a superb pick to lock down the other side. I like Gurley, but I think Dupree will be the best defensive player from this draft in a couple years when he gets coached up by Joey Porter and Butler in Pittbsurgh.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My draft? On record:

10 - Andrus Peat
41 - A.J. Cann
72 - Paul Dawson
119 - Jamil Douglas
215 - Gavin Lutman
227 - Al-Hajj Shabazz

All except Douglas could have been had. I'm good with the offensive line and Gurley picks. Not so much the others. But they're Rams now, so...yeah.

…..

Legend
#1 Cameron Erving
#2 Ali Marpet
#3 Paul Dawson
#4 DeAndre Smelter

Would have preferred we trade picks for Mariota, sign La'el Collins and take a chance but it's probably just as well.

I was with you here except for Mariota. I thought trading down for Erving would land us an additional 2 or 3 for an additional lineman,