Gerald McCoy Cut... Suh signs with Tampa

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Just broke on twitter, interested to see what Suh will demand now at this stage in his career? If it's anywhere close to $10 mil they paid too much.

Look for McCoy to land somewhere like Phillie or another contender, whom might manipulate their cap!

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Please not Philadelphia, McCoy next to Fletcher Cox would make that D line all but unblockable.

~ArkyRamsFan~

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hear we got all kinds of monopoly money to pay him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd love to have McCoy. I like him more than Suh. But I doubt we have the money to get him, even though there is a need.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
The rams can pay him if they want by restructured salary as bonus so the real question is do they think he can be a difference maker when they already have Gaines and Day. I say yes and tbat they should make him an offer.

dang

Legend
Suh Part 2? Give McCoy a 2 year Clay Matthews deal and see if he's in it for the $$ or the love of the game.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Highly unlikely, especially bc of his locker room presence, but why not cut Brock and have McCoy play end? I’m sure his pass rushing is still tiers higher, and he’d count less against cap!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he happy with Luiget as a cheaper rotational option, and then Sully as a back up Center.

I'd love it if they signed McCoy, but I don't think they find the cap room.

I just don't think they have any cap room, except for minimum players. They'll likely cut some non-minimum players as it is.

If there is an injury, and somebody is available close to minimum, that might change that - though not necessarily even then.

Cap space is very tight, and there will be injuries in training camp and during the season, necessitating additional spend.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
All kinds of options for teams in the market for old and lazy DL who want to take snaps off and get paid.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rumor is McCoy is already on his way to New England.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rumor is McCoy is already on his way to New England.

They don't have much more cap room than the Rams - but if he wants to win a championship, he may wrongly believe they are more likely.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They don't have much more cap room than the Rams - but if he wants to win a championship, he may wrongly believe they are more likely.
Yeah somebody who's talked to him mentioned he's made about $100 million so far in his career and will sign a cheap 1 year deal shooting for the ring. Like many others have with them.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Highly unlikely, especially bc of his locker room presence, but why not cut Brock and have McCoy play end? I’m sure his pass rushing is still tiers higher, and he’d count less against cap!

I'd much rather have Brockers for his play on the field and the leadership he provids in the lockerroom.