Gerald Everett ??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unseen, CGI does his Samuel L. Jackson impression....
@CGI_Ram
LWEYH2c.gif

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t see how people are sleeping on Everett. Higbee had a really good run the last 5 games of the year but besides that what?!

Everett and Higbee both should be a big part of this offense and Everett imho is a little more position versatile then Higbee.

If this offense wanna remain in the upper echelon then the tight ends have to get targets. And keeping Everett involved should be a big part of that

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, do the RAMS love Everett?

There doesn’t appear a particularly strong vibe/buzz or anything coming from coaches comments.

Lol McVay said before the draft that he expects Everett to break out.

I don't get these takes on Everett - he's made HUGE plays for the Rams the last few years. His numbers aren't great because he's been the 5th or 6th option in the offense and there's only one ball.

Snead said they had such a high grade on Hopkins they couldn't pass on him, plus with our cap situation we probably shouldn't re-sign Everett (and IMO he deserves to start somewhere), so it was a smart pick either way. But not a slight on Everett at all.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I don’t see how people are sleeping on Everett. Higbee had a really good run the last 5 games of the year but besides that what?!

Everett and Higbee both should be a big part of this offense and Everett imho is a little more position versatile then Higbee.

If this offense wanna remain in the upper echelon then the tight ends have to get targets. And keeping Everett involved should be a big part of that

An argument can be made we don't go to the Super Bowl without 2 or 3 plays Gerald made that season.

I know we have a salary cap, but it's gets old just hearing about how we won't be able to keep this young player or that young player. Stop it. We have 5 talented TEs on our roster right now. We'll end up with 4 talented guys, and instead of worrying about who we can or can't keep, we need to put together a system where we can have at least 2 of those TEs being contributors at the same time. First Everett was the only one balling, then Higbee was the only one balling. We're fortunate enough to have those 2 guys who are big time playmakers, and we need to maximize their usage and diversify our offense. Teams don't often end up with 2 guys like that, and we can keep them both, particularly if they are both dynamic weapons for us.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Lol McVay said before the draft that he expects Everett to break out.

I don't get these takes on Everett - he's made HUGE plays for the Rams the last few years. His numbers aren't great because he's been the 5th or 6th option in the offense and there's only one ball.

Snead said they had such a high grade on Hopkins they couldn't pass on him, plus with our cap situation we probably shouldn't re-sign Everett (and IMO he deserves to start somewhere), so it was a smart pick either way. But not a slight on Everett at all.

For the record, I was building on the thoughts of the message I quoted. Big Everett advocate here, posting earlier in the thread;

Yeah; I think the Higbee/Everett combo is a bomb in plain sight.... Ready to go off!

I’ve made my affection for Everett as a receiver known. We saw Higbee blow up last year... Bits of Everett doing the same...

Look out!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Higbee had a really good run the last 5 games of the year but besides that what?!
Well, he had surely showed enough for the Rams to sign him to his contract extension. In Everett's case, they merely drafted his replacement. Higbee had been a disappointment from a receiving standpoint, but not from a run/pass blocking standpoint.
Everett has 2 big hills to climb in order to earn his next contract, 1) he has to be able to stay healthy and 2) he's got to be at least average at pass blocking.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Well, he had surely showed enough for the Rams to sign him to his contract extension. In Everett's case, they merely drafted his replacement. Higbee had been a disappointment from a receiving standpoint, but not from a run/pass blocking standpoint.
Everett has 2 big hills to climb in order to earn his next contract, 1) he has to be able to stay healthy and 2) he's got to be at least average at pass blocking.
I haven't analyzed Everett's play, but I suspect that, in addition to time lost to injuries, there have been issues with either his play blocking or his route running that have kept him from seeing more action. He seems to be a talented guy but McVay demands a high level of execution in all phases from his receivers. Maybe he can still break through with a big year.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I might be wrong but from his play last year especially before the injury his pass blocking was greatly improved that’s why he was getting majority of the snaps. As far as Higbee getting the extension it was much easier to get his done now since he didn’t have any relative success as a pass catcher.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I might be wrong but from his play last year especially before the injury his pass blocking was greatly improved that’s why he was getting majority of the snaps. As far as Higbee getting the extension it was much easier to get his done now since he didn’t have any relative success as a pass catcher.
I'd love nothing more than to see Everett become everything his potential shows. But I disagree on the pass blocking, he was awful. He was so bad that even Booger McFarland could see it.