Game Pass moving to DAZN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Received an email overnight saying that NFL Game Pass is being moved to DAZN. Why?

I’m sure there’s plenty of money involved, but the old Game Pass app worked perfectly well and I’m a firm believer in the old adage: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
DAZN has been the only option in Canada for a few years now. It's really bad. My condolences. Despite paying for the subscription service they still force you to watch an ad every time you toggle to a new game, missing live action.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
That's fucking shit. I'll stick with redzone on Sky when the Rams aren't the featured game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I find DAZN to have good service, high quality HD, and doesn’t buffer much for me.

The app isn’t great… Specifically the video controls, fast forward, rewind, etc.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anyone else noticed the unannounced price hike this year?

Used to be £37.75 a month for four months.

Is now £29.99 a month for six months.

That’s nearly a 20% increase, and all without any warning.

Have other countries suffered similar price hikes?

Liberator

Pro Bowler
i’ve never had an issue with DAZN personally in canada

was really nice when they had the premier league too but they were outbid a few years ago

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I find DAZN to have good service, high quality HD, and doesn’t buffer much for me.
Canadian homer. :laugh4:

Way I see it the primary differentiating factor with video hosting quality is in the controls. Vids themselves don't vary that much in quality but the shittiness of how hard it is to navigate said video does vary greatly. The NFL took a nose dive in this regard a couple seasons ago and that was it for me. If I can't easily navigate the All22 then the service is not worth it to me because the actual gameday stream can be found without too much problem. Nowadays I just go to a local bar and watch the games.

If the NFL was smart what they would offer is multiple feeds from stadium cameras (including the All22 options) on gameday on top of the standard network feed. And for those stadium cameras provide just the ambient sound pickups from each camera so no need to listen to the analyst if it's a guy like Collinsworth. Then with the All22 (postgame) provide controls that allow for incremental and slow analysis. But all that would require them to actually give a fuck about the fan experience.

Tano

Legend
Anyone else noticed the unannounced price hike this year?

Used to be £37.75 a month for four months.

Is now £29.99 a month for six months.

That’s nearly a 20% increase, and all without any warning.

Have other countries suffered similar price hikes?
They are just catching up to all the price increases that is going on worldwide with everything.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
i’ve never had an issue with DAZN personally in canada

was really nice when they had the premier league too but they were outbid a few years ago

It's just the ads for me. If you are paying this much, there should be no ads when you toggle between games. One set of ads when you login, sure. But if you put an ad in every time you switch games, it often results in your missing some live game action in the game you are flipping to.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is one big time advantage with soccer. Disclaimer here is that I think the NFL product is better. But watching a soccer game means two windows with 45+ minutes of uninterrupted sport. The NFL cannot compete with that. Especially not when they have creatively packed more and more and more advertising into their product.

Many years ago I was turned off by the advertisements on the soccer uniforms, they bugged me. But in my old age, where commercials irritate me more and more, I value how much time I get to actually watch the sport itself and I find it refreshing to get 90 minutes of un-fucked-with time to relax and enjoy a game. I can watch the first half, turn the volume all the way down for halftime, and raise it back up for the second window. It is outstanding.

I buy the Apple MLS package and also watch a couple of the European leagues now, which has affected how much NFL that I watch. I still catch games here and there, and I go to my local bar to see the Rams. But I think what is occuring here is I am transitioning out of the NFL just like I already did with the NBA and MLB.