Game Day Menu thread - Lions week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Apologies for starting the thread so early this week... but I'm looking for inspiration! First week in ages I will be in the house with time to cook and am looking forward to it.

What are everyone's plans for Lions week? Apart from beer and Victory Scotch obviously.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I have some Mahi in the freezer, so I'm thinking fish tacos. Depends more on who else might show up though and what they may add to the table.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Making my meatgasm meatloaf for my fiance for our Sunday meal. Gonna be awesome. Recipe is in the recipe thread btw for any meatloaf lovers. Oh and having a fk ton of beer.....as always. GO RAMS!!!

bluecoconuts

Legend
I got drunk and wrote down "spaghetti sandwich" as well as "buffalo chicken tacos" so I'm thinking about making one of those to test how good my drunk ideas are.

Or maybe I'll take another crack at some calzones, tried that the other week and while they tasted great, they looked horrid. Gotta fix that presentation.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Every time I start on any food, we get our butts kicked and not because the other team did it, but because we kicked our own asses with mistakes.

So I’m Charlie Bucket… “you lose! You get nothing! Good day, Sir!”

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gonna do a sandwich bar. Got kids running around the house this week they're gonna need to fend for themselves on Sunday.

But I will get fancy by making the rolls. I've been making them with my pizza dough recipe and they're great, bread really makes the sandwich IMO. :biggrin:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm currently thinking some sort of easy but tasty buffalo chicken wraps. Like with the peppers, onions, chilli, coriander, maybe some chorizo too. And lashings of buffalo sauce. And cheese obviously. Still plenty time to think tho.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I bought a one pound african lion steak from exoticmeats.com it was 300 dollars, but I always eat some actual meat from our opponent that day if possible.

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
This week sounds like some cornell chicken and baked beans.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Apologies for starting the thread so early this week... but I'm looking for inspiration! First week in ages I will be in the house with time to cook and am looking forward to it.

What are everyone's plans for Lions week? Apart from beer and Victory Scotch obviously.

We need to start this thread early every week! Feel free, anyone.

I need inspiration too. So, enjoy reading the ideas here.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Plan is to make Detroit Yardbird sandwiches. Shredded chicken in a mustard BBQ sauce with cheddar cheese, mushrooms and bacon on a brioche type bun.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Smoked chicken with asparagus is on the docket for Sunday and of course I always drink red wine so a fine pinot noir for the antioxidants.
smoked-chicken-4.jpg

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
What is Cornell chicken?
Cornell chicken is a white based chicken marinade. Its also called New York State Fair chicken sauce or firemans chicken.

This is your typical ingredients.

2 cups cider vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
3 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
½ teaspoon ground black pepper

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Cornell chicken is a white based chicken marinade. Its also called New York State Fair chicken sauce or firemans
Far above Cayuga’s waters,
With its waves of blue,
Stands our noble Alma Mater,
Glorious to view.

Lift the chorus, speed it onward,
Loud her praises tell;
Hail to thee, our Alma Mater!
Hail, all hail, Cornell!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Plan is to make Detroit Yardbird sandwiches. Shredded chicken in a mustard BBQ sauce with cheddar cheese, mushrooms and bacon on a brioche type bun.

That sounds great. Do you use chicken thighs for that? I sometimes shred breasts (fnarr) but I find thighs are juicier.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
That sounds great. Do you use chicken thighs for that? I sometimes shred breasts (fnarr) but I find thighs are juicier.
I work all day on Saturdays now (next week might be my last one this year), and we're just going to hit the easy button and get either a rotisserie chicken or frozen breasts.

I agree thighs are juicier, but not too worried since the other toppings will add juiciness to hide any dryness.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My wife said she’s making a lasagna today. When she gets a lasagna right, complete with ricotta, it’s the best.

So… that’s a treat for today.

I am leaning all day appetizers for game day. With leftover lasagna for anyone who doesn’t get filled by the appetizer spread.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
We are away out to see the Bond movie today and then we will go for curry and beers. Good Saturday. Glasgow is famous for amazing curry houses... looking forward to it.

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
My wife said she’s making a lasagna today. When she gets a lasagna right, complete with ricotta, it’s the best.

So… that’s a treat for today.

I am leaning all day appetizers for game day. With leftover lasagna for anyone who doesn’t get filled by the appetizer spread.
Ever try cottage cheese instead of ricotta?

It is kind of a old school substitution when ricotta prices were high.