Frank Reich Hired / HC of the Carolina Panthers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
(Link)

Next man up to try to coach an uncoachable QB. A player who needed a since rescinded study clause in his contract is a coach killer. Reich is a good coach but he's a better OC than HC IMO. I give him 2 years 3 at most.

He fits Bidwell's idea of a HC, i.e. cheap

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Per a bleacher report guy's guess not from any credible intel. Just a guess buy a guy.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Without any credible source, we'll put this in the "We still don't know" file.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I see him as a good personality type to pair with a poor owner. Not an egomaniac, calm and knowledgeable in his personality which will suit Bidwill. Won't win too much, but he'll have them playing good ball which will be annoying.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Reich would be the best choice. That's how you know it won't happen. Cardinals will figure out how to screw this up big time.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Reich would be the best choice. That's how you know it won't happen. Cardinals will figure out how to screw this up big time.
Precisely.

I've heard worse ideas...Irsay is a moron for letting him go. It's personnel there, not coaching.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Asshole face is having an interview in AZ.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Asshole Face in Arizona would suck ass. Hoping for fake news here. :beer2: :woozy:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
They should have hung on to Steve Wilk he had that team playing at a much higher level and they should have been.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My one idiot son who is a colt fan says that the panthers will be picking #1 in the draft after next season now.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
My one idiot son who is a colt fan says that the panthers will be picking #1 in the draft after next season now.
No, don't see it. Reich can coach.

If they went out and got a Carr or somebody like that for 2 years he'd have this team ready for a run once they find a young QB. Already have weapons and a good young defense.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
No, don't see it. Reich can coach.

If they went out and got a Carr or somebody like that for 2 years he'd have this team ready for a run once they find a young QB. Already have weapons and a good young defense.

We bout to find out. LOL

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Being an OC is a better fit for Reich. He's like Norv Turner, a better OC than HC.

I can just picture Payton dealing with a cry baby QB who refuses to study. What is he going to do, spank the poor kid? LMFAO

Remember they play an air raid style offense. With his no study contract do they think they can make Murray into a pocket QB? Sean will have to run a zone read option style of offense. It's the only other way to play Murray. They tried to do that the first two years and Murray is too fragile to play that way. He actually told Kliff that he wanted to run less. He doesn't want to hurt to earn his money.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Reich is a damn good coach and this is a great move for Carolina, provided they can commit to a QB and let him develop.
Reich took over a 4-12 team, and immediately won 10 games. Had a different starting QB in each of his 5 seasons, that's just crazy
Will be interesting to see who's under center next year as there are certainly plenty of options

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
With Dan Quinn staying in Dallas I wonder if it improves Raheem's odds of getting a HC job? One less candidate for the other jobs.