Fox To Hire Jeff Fisher As Game Commentator

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Herd it on FoxSports here in LA this morning they will have Jeff Fisher as a guest commentator for at least one game in September.

Anyone have confirmation on this? If its true, what are the chances he does a Ram game? Sure will be worth a pile of posts here at ROD.

I want to hear more on this.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Caught that didja Deacon?:whistle:

Game Jeff does score will end up 7-9.:baghead:

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My guess is he won’t be offensive, but instead, rather defensive in his commentating. :rimshot:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yup for 1 game, jokes are running over in the Fisher day thread :)

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Other commentator: "Jacksonville crosses the plane of the endzone for a touchdown!"

Fisher: "Oh. So that's what that is."

Sorry couldn't help myself.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I hope Fisher gets a Seattle game and then he can commentate on how Brian Schottenheimer is coordinating their offense...As we remember Jeff's three offensive coordinators while he was head coach.
latest

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hard to believe that he hasn't been hired as an NFL HC again. :whistle:

That must be why they're only able to have him on for 1 game at Fox.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Good for Fish, but not so good for fans. He's way too politically correct in his responses on everything, so I can't imagine him being any good in a booth. I think if he sticks to the stuff he knows and puts it out there he should do ok, but IMO there are probably a lot of other dudes who would do a better job.

Happy for him and all, but don't look forward to seeing a game he does.

Ram65

Legend
A new lease on life for Jeff. He will be 0-0 as a commentator. I'm not feeling it but, you don't know until you hear him doing a live game. I was pleasantly surprised how good Mike Martz was doing a game. Wish he did more.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Some people don't have the voice for commentating but they can offer some good insight. I liked Romo when he did it last season. He really got into it and offered a nice perspective from someone who's been there. But that voice. Sounds more like its coming from someone calling a video game match. Just doesn't sound like a football player. Maybe he needs voice lessons to add a little oomph to it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
IDC if I'm in the minority but his radio shows were great to listen to.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
One of his comments towards the game's end will be, "At this point I think they should just play to not lose, or for a tie."