Former Jets OC Mike LaFleur to Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Yeah just regurgitating the Garoffalo tweets linking us to him potentially.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Hope McVay is taking him into consideration because he has substantially good offensive mind rather than being a product of nepotism

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I would extremely disappointed with this hire if it's for OC anything else I'd be ok with otherwise this shows me more of the same old shit. Please lord with the talent available for OC don't let it be this guy granted if it is he would just be a crash test dummy because it means coach will still be calling them bubble screens.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I am ok with the LeFleurs. Matt was really good his first year with the Rams. His bro should be no different if Reich is outta the question.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Looks like more speculations from the same garbage cans that were certain McVay was gone.

If Lafluer isn’t good enough to stick with the Jets I’m not interested in him being the Rams OC.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Watching the jets I know the qb talent is much less but I don't see any Matt there at all. That said more important to me is that does this mean more of the same yes man I will do everything mcvay or maybe Olson gone and he takes that job but of the intention is to come back and just do the same shit whole new staff it's really not to different than any other yr when our coaches get picked off. I hope he is trying to develop an all star staff where Laffy is on a lesser position but over qualified.

Need to wait to see how the dominoes fall.

Ram65

Legend
Hard for me to judge Mike LeFluer stay with the Jets. Wilson and Flacco suck while White had good success. I just McVay here if he hires him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Lafluer isn’t good enough to stick with the Jets I’m not interested in him being the Rams OC.
That's exactly why you hire Lafleur, the Jets are the epitome of incompetent. They should have fired Saleh

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Hard for me to judge Mike LeFluer stay with the Jets. Wilson and Flacco suck while White had good success. I just McVay here if he hires him.
I hear you this is a good take and his lineage obviously speaks for itself as mentioned above but it's just more of the same is he really going to call plays or because he wiped the sweat of mcvays brow then he gets a coaching job next year and it's the same thing over in over that's what I'm waiting on. Reich is a great hire depends how this all plays out it will make me wonder if burnout and too much on his plate was the entire reason for this whole situation again.

I'm also weary when your own brother doesn't ask you to joins his staff lolol

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Don’t mind LaFeur as TE Coach but not as OC. Especially if the OC will be calling plays this year.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
That's exactly why you hire Lafleur, the Jets are the epitome of incompetent. They should have fired Saleh
I just can’t get excited about him being the OC. It’s exactly the same kind of thing with a different body. Not a change that will change the dynamic in the staff.

Ram65

Legend
I'm also weary when your own brother doesn't ask you to joins his staff lolol
This article says he was blocked from being hired by his brother. Interesting how they are tied in with Salah.

I hear you this is a good take and his lineage obviously speaks for itself as mentioned above but it's just more of the same is he really going to call plays or because he wiped the sweat of mcvays brow then he gets a coaching job next year and it's the same thing over in over that's what I'm waiting on. Reich is a great hire depends how this all plays out it will make me wonder if burnout and too much on his plate was the entire reason for this whole situation again.
Maybe this time McVay gives up playcalling. I hate the early TOs

I like Reich as an OC.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
This article says he was blocked from being hired by his brother.

I'm telling you guys, a lot of these sites are trash. The writers just don't know shit. SBNation is one of them.

This is the opening of the 2nd paragraph:
'Mike, younger brother of Green Bay Packers head coach Matt LaFleur, was actually the elder LaFleur’s first call for an offensive coordinator interview when Matt was named head coach of the Packers back in 2019. At the time, 49ers head coach Mike Shanahan blocked an interview request from the Packers, Cleveland Browns and Minnesota Vikings for their coordinator openings.'

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I have to expect the Rams will have a large turnover this year on their roster. I think mcVay knows this and he's probably going to be making a lot of phone calls this off-season.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
How about an offensive coordinator like Warren Ruggiero? Seems to be a highly regarded offensive mind in college that isn't a head coach. Just brainstorming here lol