Football and technology

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
When will it get to that you can just RFID tag college players and project their athletic data to successful NFL players?

That seems like a draft day game changer. Maybe we are already doing some of that, and probably are based on what I read there.

This caught my eye too;

With so many analytics, when will teams be ready for AI to call the plays?

That feels doable to me. I can see how coverages would be quickly identified by cameras and offer play suggestions quickly for consideration. Feels doable now.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
When will it get to that you can just RFID tag college players and project their athletic data to successful NFL players?

That seems like a draft day game changer. Maybe we are already doing some of that, and probably are based on what I read there.

This caught my eye too;

With so many analytics, when will teams be ready for AI to call the plays?

That feels doable to me. I can see how coverages would be quickly identified by cameras and offer play suggestions quickly for consideration. Feels doable now.
I hope that never happens. There is a limit to what technology can add before the spirit of the game is broken.

I have better things to do than watch computers play games against each other and I hope everyone else does too.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The first real digital scandal will have a coach communicating with coaches in the skybox calling plays as determined by AI.

I think we're a few years from that, but I can see that coming...