Florida teen's dying wish to marry high school sweetheart to come true

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/...arry-high-school-sweetheart-to-come-true.html

Florida teen's dying wish to marry high school sweetheart to come true

Wedding bells are in the air for a couple whose love will last long after death.

A Florida teenager with terminal cancer will get his dying wish on Sunday to marry his high school sweetheart.

Dustin Snyder, 19, of Valrico, Fla., has been battling cancer, synovial sarcoma, on-and-off since before he turned 18, ABC News Go reported.

The young man was told he was cancer-free following surgery and chemotherapy, but just three weeks ago he experienced pain and was rushed to the hospital where he was told the cancer had returned.

TEENS EATING MORE TIDE PODS THAN EVER, DESPITE EFFORTS TO STOP TREND

Snyder was given just weeks to live.

"The only treatment for this is removal and they can’t remove this," Cassandra Fondahn, Snyder’s mother told FOX 13. “It’s been a rough road.”

His girlfriend, Sierra Siverio, who has stayed by Snyder’s side through his sickness, plans to marry her boyfriend Sunday at Big Red Barn in Plant City.

“That means everything to me,” Siverio told FOX 13. “I'm going to be there for him no matter what and I'm really excited for this opportunity.”

“She was there with me since the beginning, and I couldn’t imagine being with anyone else,” Snyder told FOX 8.

The teens met in middle school but lost touch before reuniting in high school.

The community has come together to make sure the wedding is as memorable as possible. Citizens have donated everything from the rings to the wedding gown and venue.

LifePath Hospice is working to get the flowers and bridesmaids dresses, along with someone to provide drinks and a bar service.

A GoFundMe page has been set up to help pay for the couple’s wedding. As of Saturday morning, the campaign has raised more than $19,500.

“I can’t believe the amount of people that have reached out to help,” Fondahn told FOX 8. “It’s a lot of good and compassionate people.”

Siverio said she and Dustin would be together “no matter what, forever, in both of our hearts.”

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No matter how bad of a day I am having, stories like this help straighten my ass out.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sad news. Prayers for the wife and family of Dustin. (Maybe mods can update title?)

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article201948004.html

Thanks for adding that.

———

They knew it wouldn’t last. Storybook marriage ends after teen loses cancer battle.

Dustin Snyder, the Florida teen who married his high school sweetheart on Jan. 28 in a wedding that touched many, has died.

The story of Snyder and his bride, Sierra Siverio, 21, captured media attention in January when the Plant City teen proposed to his girlfriend on a Thursday and married her three days later on a Sunday near Tampa.

The two were married for only 27 days. His sister Brittany Hails posted on Facebook that her brother “got his wings” on Friday. Sndyer, who battled a rare form of cancer, was 19.

“I love you, Dustin Wayde Snyder. No more suffering. God got you now,” Hails wrote.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article201948004.html#storylink=cpy