Florida State @ Miami of Florida

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
I'm not much of a bettor (believe it or not), but I do pay attention to where the line is set for most games. I was shocked when I looked at the line for this game earlier and saw FSU was favoured by less than a FG. Has a #2 team ever been favoured by so little over an unranked team this late in the season?

It just seems incredible to me, now admittedly I've turned every FSU game off after 30 seconds this year out of abject disgust, and I watched an Ivy League game (go Brown Bears) on Saturday rather than subject myself to an ACC game, so I have no idea what either team looks like, but still can anyone explain it?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I guess it's because Miami has one of the top running backs in the nation in Duke Johnson, but...really, I don't understand it either. If FSU stops Johnson, they pretty much shut down the vast majority of the Miami offense.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Lots of these players grew up playing against each other. Sometimes in games like these were the players are extra familiar with each other... you can throw the records out the window when they play. Similar to Divisional games, but this goes even deeper with the WAY-BACK familiarity. Funny how that works... you see it all the time, especially with In-State college games.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lots of these players grew up playing against each other. Sometimes in games like these were the players are extra familiar with each other... you can throw the records out the window when they play. Similar to Divisional games, but this goes even deeper with the WAY-BACK familiarity. Funny how that works... you see it all the time, especially with In-State college games.

The line for last years game was FSU -22.5, and the line is shockingly moving in Miami's favour (was -2.5 now -1.5), not saying an upset won't happen and the in state thing may be one of the reasons, but it seems like madness to me.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The line for last years game was FSU -22.5, and the line is shockingly moving in Miami's favour (was -2.5 now -1.5), not saying an upset won't happen and the in state thing may be one of the reasons, but it seems like madness to me.

Believe it or not... Miami is #1 against the pass on defense and my Noles haven't been running the ball very well this year.

Maybe they're worried that Winston is going to shave a few points. Hahahaha