Flatlyne'd Mock - RELOADING

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I didn’t want to go cookie cutter on this, since it never happens exactly as we predict. I am also not a cap guru so I didn’t estimate contracts or cap room. I assume they can move some money here, some money there and have some cap available. Hell, the Saints do every year and are far more over the cap every season. And the whiners are doing is this year.

RE-SIGN
DT - Gaines
KR/WR – Powell
OG – Aboushi
OT – Nsekhe (old but reliable on a 1 year deal)

FA
CB – Greedy Williams – Loved him coming out of college but can’t seem to stay healthy. But that’s also the reason we can afford him. Worth a shot.

G – Isaac Seumalo – Hopefully we can give him a multi year deal that is back loaded. He can play any interior OL position and well.

LB – Rashaan Evans – Still young and can be fairy effective. I don’t expect him to cost much and likely a short prove it deal.

DRAFT

I wasn’t going to include any trades, as the first mock I wrote out had us getting far more in return for Ramsey. So I had to scrap that completely. I find it very hard to believe that we will not try to trade down for our pick at #36 seeing as how many holes we have on the roster and would benefit by filling them with cheap rookies.

*TRADE: #36 TO Green Bay for #45 & #78

2.45 – John Michael Schmidtz, C - MINNESOTA

Perfect plug and play Center that can step in day one for always injured Allen. Best center in the draft and may ease some Tutu hatred. Immediately improves our line for years to come.

3.69 – Derek Hall, Edge AUBURN

Very productive and athletic edge. Needs to work on some pass rushing moves, but that is what NFL coaches are for. Already a very good run defender/edge setter. Think he could step in day 1 and start for this squad.

3.77 – Garrett Williams, CB - SYRACUSE

I go back and forth on a few guys here (Clark Phillips, DJ Turner) and both would be solid options. I keep coming back to Williams because of his aggressiveness on the run, which we will sorely lack with Ramsey’s departure. Biggest concern is he’s coming of an ACL and likely won’t play in camp. Also, that means lack of athletic testing before draft. He’s big enough (6’) and appears to be pretty athletic from the games I’ve watched.

3.79 – Jordan Battle, S ALABAMA

A very experienced and battle hardened player. Another guy who would be a plug and play in our depleted secondary. Hard hitter who can play either safety role well. IMO, an upgrade over what we have now.

5.167 – Jaren Hall, QB BYU

I’m a pretty big fan of Hall. He’s not going to come in and force us to sit Stafford, but, he has all the tools to be a good starting QB in the future. He’s not the biggest guy, which is certainly a knock on him. He has a very nice arm and above average athleticism. Would be nice to have a guy back there that has a good arm, is fairly accurate, and has wheels. He does come in as an older prospect too at 24 and a fairly injury prone past, but that is the reason he lasts to this pick. I think he has as much upside as any of the QB’s outside of the top 10 guys.

5.171 – Andrew Vorhees, OG The Mighty USC

My personal favorite prospect in the draft. Yes, I’m a USC guy, but I’ve loved him as a prospect for a few years. The only reason he lasts this long is he’s likely on IR for next season due to a torn ACL at the combine. Bummer for him for sure, he was looking to be a 3rd rounder at worst in my opinion. I’d have been more then happy to have him in the 3rd healthy. So, to our 2024 plan, Vorhees will be fully recovered and ready to roll with us. Powerful blocker who we have lacked for years. Great guy to counter the fortywhiners pass rush IMO.

5.177 – Kenny McIntosh, RB GEORGIA

There is just something about this kid that makes me think he is going to be better at the NFL level then he was in Georgia, and I think he was more then solid there. For one, he is a great receiving threat out of the backfield. He also has pretty good size for an every down back. A solid compliment to Akers and ability to take over as main back next season.

6.182 – Zack Kuntz, TE Old Dominion

Maybe he doesn’t last this long because of his good combine performance. Another raw weapon to add to our offense and hopefully he can contribute next season, when we lose 2 TE’s. He definitely needs to work on his blocking technique and strength, but he’s already a pretty good receiving threat. Guys this size shouldn’t be able to run 4.55 40’s. Rest of his numbers were pretty outstanding too, including an incredible 40” vertical.

6.189 – Dante Stills, DL West Virginia

Depth to make up for our numerous losses on the DL. This guy is a pretty nice pass rusher from the interior. He’s fairly small but can play DE in our 3 man front. Certainly not a NT.

7.223 – Jake Moody, K Michigan

One of if not the best kicker in the draft. We need badly and cheaply

7.251 – Michael Turk, P Oklahoma

See above, need a cheap punter. He’s supposed to me amongst the best in draft

I can at least say, I'd be quite satisfied with this draft class. It addresses needs and helps us in '24

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Great draft! Love the clear replacement for Allen. The Edge class is deep so maybe taking one in the 3rd is worth it for an Anker on the OL. Not familiar with the QB, but he's a clear upgrade at QB2.

This is also a good draft in that it's focused on 2024, which is what our strategy seems to be.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Greedy Williams signed with the Eagles two days ago.
Yeah, and Gaines with TB, Seumalo with the Steelers. I'll still stick to that draft class though.

dang

Legend
This would be best mock Draft I’ve seen so far. Not sure Schmidtz would be there at 45 but one can hope.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I still love the draft, obviously the free agent signing and resigning aren't valid anymore, but damn, I'd personally love this draft for the Rams going forward. I'm all aboard the Jaren Hall lottery pick.

As for Schmidtz, most mocks I've seen have him falling to or below us including the 2 sites I relied on for estimating draft slots. Centers are rarely taken high.