Five Ugliest Cars You Almost Bought

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone can list the five most wonderful cars, but that would be boring. This thread is about the most butt ugly cars that were affordable when you wanted to buy your first car, back in the day. This List is from Worst to Less Worse....

1. The 1974 Ford Mustang: We all loved the 60's version of the Mustang, but what about this horror? My wife once told a car salesman that she wanted a sports car and he showed her a similar car to this. My wife said, "that looks like an old Grandma car."

View: https://imgur.com/MMSHrLl

2. The Chrysler K-Car: I can just hear @CGI_Ram telling his High School buddies, "It's just like a Mercedes!" The K-Car might have saved Chrysler, but oh my...I'd rather hitch hike with Ted Bundy!

View: https://imgur.com/61DhPm4

3. The Renault Le Car: My sister actually bought one of these new. Not only did it look ugly to me, but she found out that it took WEEKS for a part to arrive from France to fix the darn thing! She regretted trading in her 1972 Chevy Impala for it, I tell you.

View: https://imgur.com/mUtHvjl

4. The AMC Pacer: If I listen closely, I can hear @Merlin say, "It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine." This classically horrible looking car was Wayne and Garth's ride in Wayne's World. Our family test drove this car at a AMC dealership and it obviously guaranteed the Fahrvergnugen experience, along with a severe case of melanoma.

View: https://imgur.com/XDlZd2j

5. The AMC Gremlin X: Especially in lime green, oh yes! They came in a large V-6 or in a honest-to-God, V-8. It was called one of the first sub-compact models aver the Oil Embargo in 1973 (ish). The V-8 would scream and rumble like a monster car. It was so ugly, I loved it. I think I need it now....

View: https://imgur.com/A6vSwKC

So did you own any of these cars? Can you think of a different list?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Not fair that I technically couldn't buy anything, but I tried convincing my dad to get me a 2006 Chrysler Crossfire when I turned 16.

2006-Chrysler-Crossfire-Base.jpg

If it wasn't that it was the Pontiac G8:

Pontiac_G8_V6_--_02-04-2012_2.jpg

Fast forward to 2011 when my 92 Mercury finally croaked, almost got a Chevy Impala:

2011-Chevrolet-Impala-FrontSide_CHIMP111_505x375.jpg

Also were looking at the Equinox:

2011_chevrolet_equinox_angularfront.jpg

Then finally in 2021 I put a deposit on a Blazer RS. I don't think it's ugly but it's a total mom car. Chip shortage meant it never came in and ended up getting a Silverado.

images

Tano

Legend
My high school and college car. I called it the gutless wonder

It was gutless and it was a wonder it get me anywhere

8da8df522463312b2f944a9582838ddd--datsun--orange-color.jpg

I was a stupid teenager when it came to cars

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My high school and college car. I called it the gutless wonder

It was gutless and it was a wonder it get me anywhere

8da8df522463312b2f944a9582838ddd--datsun--orange-color.jpg

I was a stupid teenager when it came to cars
Datsun B 210? Classic!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Picked up serious amounts of chicks in that one I am sure. :laugh3:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"I'm still driving my K Car....." ~ @CGI_Ram

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Not almost bought... I actually did buy this thing.
'73 Chevrolet Vega... 4 cyl, aluminum block; 2 speed...
What could go wrong?

1676428082923.png

The block was leaking when I sold it/gave it away 4-5 years later...
The new owner poured in some stop leak and drove it for several years!! :laugh4:

oldnotdead

Legend
5. The AMC Gremlin X: Especially in lime green, oh yes! They came in a large V-6 or in a honest-to-God, V-8. It was called one of the first sub-compact models aver the Oil Embargo in 1973 (ish). The V-8 would scream and rumble like a monster car. It was so ugly, I loved it. I think I need it now....
LOL I needed a transportation car and bought a Gremlin for $150. It had about 200K original miles on the engine. Only the transmission had been replaced at 125K miles. It was beaten to hell on the exterior but was a surprisingly good interior. I put another 80K trouble free miles on it.

Girls laughed at it but if they did I didn't want a girl like that. One girl didn't laugh. She said she was more interested in the man that drove it. Had to have lots of strength of character to survive the ridicule. God I loved that girl.

I was just out of the Navy so I was broke and broken. The last thing I cared about was the car I drove.