Fisher does the ice bucket challenge

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Ok so I just watched Fishers, Bruces and Petes... Pete's was just sad, sad, sad... his was the water cup challenge, I don't know how they even counted his. Just sayin.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok so I just watched Fishers, Bruces and Petes... Pete's was just sad, sad, sad... his was the water cup challenge, I don't know how they even counted his. Just sayin.
1530299_1non_jpeg47cc2992e215d47291a6dba299abc604

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
What is the whole point of this ice bucket challenge? Keep seeing people doing it and challenging others but dont understand why. Anyone care to enlighten this ignorant fool?

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I believe it is done to support ALS syndrome. If you get challenged and don't go through with the ice bath, you have to donate money to the charity etc.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
From Nick Wagoner's Camp Report today:

"After practice was over, Rams coach Jeff Fisher joined the efforts of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in which he had a bucket of cold water and ice dumped on his head to help raise awareness and money for ALS. Seattle coach Pete Carroll took the challenge Tuesday and promptly challenged Fisher when it was done. Fisher answered the challenge Wednesday. In turn, Fisher issued the challenge to St. Louis Cardinals manager Mike Matheny and country music group Rascal Flatts. Defensive end Chris Long, punter Johnny Hekker and linebackers Jo-Lonn Dunbar and James Laurinaitis have also participated so far."

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I believe it is done to support ALS syndrome. If you get challenged and don't go through with the ice bath, you have to donate money to the charity etc.

So your not really supporting the charity if you do it?

Irish

Starter
Last year During strikeout ALS they raised 1.2 mil. This year doing the ice bucket challenge, they have raised over 4 mil in the same amount of time, so yeah, I think it is working

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
lol I love his reaction at the end

Was hoping the Rams get involved in this

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
So your not really supporting the charity if you do it?

The original challenge rules were for you to donate to charity or take up the challenge, which had a caveat of you donating money in the name of the people who accepted your challenge. The idea was to simply pay, or promote awareness as well as potentially create more funds for the charity.

Since than the rules have been altered to fit numerous charities, some rules state a given amount you must donate and half of that amount if you partake in the challenge. These rules were still effective, in the sense that even if you only donate half buy accepting the challenge you make up for it by bringing more participants into the game that can than also promote awareness as well as donate to the charity.

Of course as everything does, it has been bastardized to just simply be a game that has no ties to donating money or have people who think that by participating in the challenge the are performing a public service by creating "awareness" but never letting their wallets support the cause.

I have no idea which version of the challenge they are abiding by. But I have to think they donate their fair share to charity regardless.

RFIP

@STLouisRams: ICYMI, watch #Rams head coach Jeff Fisher accept the #ALS #IceBucketChallenge: [t.co]

Oh and Fisher's response would probably get me banned if not bleeped out.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Does anyone know if Harbaugh accepted the challenge? Probably not, he probably just argued and threw a flag...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
NHL enforcer Paul Bissonette wins.

Too much time, too much money!

That was fantastic and the fact that guys are doing this is most excellent.

I've never heard of Bissonette and I don't watch hockey but I'm a fan.