First mow of Spring

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
About 9yrs ago I lived in a house that the yard could be mowed in 15-20min via electric mower that I plugged in.

Done right, the cord was long enough I could reach the whole yard from one outlet.

:alol:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I love it when I mow on a Friday afternoon, and then wake up Saturday morning to the fresh cut smell. Bonus points if it rains right after.
That is THE BEST. Agree. Love it when it works out that way.

Psycho_X

Legend
Has anyone ever given the auto mowers a look?

Im giving some consideration to this guy:

View: https://youtu.be/fvY3Jhil0LU

"Alexa, chase the neighbors dog with mower."

This would be nice for hills and things like it mostly shows it doing but looks like it doesn't cut worth a shit and not sure standing in the middle of my lawn doing nothing trying to micro manage where this f'ing thing goes just to mow my lawn is worth the effort compared to just mowing the damn lawn the normal way.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Got me a new riding mower dirt cheap.

lawnmower_funny.jpg

Psycho_X

Legend
I actually just bought a new push mower last month and it is amazing. I had been using a Craftsman for the last 15 years which still works great so can't complain on its quality but I do take care of my equipment. But man it was heavy, a bit unwieldy for my wife to use when she had to, and didn't mulch worth a shit. So had heard a lot about Honda push mowers being awesome so spent a little extra and got a Honda HRN 166-cc.

Love the thing, it's weight is very well balanced that it is extremely easy to move and push... almost too easy to turn at end of rows that I have to make sure I don't have any weight on the handle when I start moving again to make sure its all the way on the ground. Mulches great too with double blades but has an easy switch to bag ability if needed. Starts up with auto choke so just have to pull the cord lightly for it to start... no yanking. Only thing I don't like about it is the wheels are a bit small if you have a very lumpy yard it'll get hung up at times but luckily its light so doesn't take much effort to push through. Luckily I only have one small section like that. But damn is it a breeze to mow with and cuts so much better. My old Craftsman was kind of a hacking machine that the yard never looked as good as it does now with this Honda.

Anyway, no one asked for my opinion but I love this mower so much I decided to be a spokesman for Honda apparently in case anyone was debating on a new push mower. :)

1622727704042.png

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I’m still all over the board. I have about 1.5 acres total and about half of that is 35% slope.

I may need to do a push mower for the tight spots and something bigger and badder for the hill

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I believe I have a Toro 22" self-propelled Recycler I use. I like it and rarely use the self propel function on my sloped 1/8 acre corner lot. The only problem I've had was a dirty fuel tank and line, which I was able to take apart, clean, and get it running almost like new.

I am not mechanically inclined either, which should tell you about the simplicity to do small fixes on this mower via a you tube tutorial.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m still all over the board. I have about 1.5 acres total and about half of that is 35% slope.

I may need to do a push mower for the tight spots and something bigger and badder for the hill
The bigger zero turns with broad bases are great for slopes. There's a field by my house that this guy mows the edge next to the road and to be honest I don't know how he does it. You see them taking care of the sloped grass all over though, and they come with roll bars too! :ROFLMAO:

Psycho_X

Legend
The bigger zero turns with broad bases are great for slopes. There's a field by my house that this guy mows the edge next to the road and to be honest I don't know how he does it. You see them taking care of the sloped grass all over though, and they come with roll bars too! :ROFLMAO:

On the family farm we've been loyal to EXmark Lazer zero turns for the last twenty + years and wouldn't get anything else for bulk yard/grounds mowing. Those things are amazing... pricey($10k-15k)... but amazing. I remember the first time my dad bought one way back around 98 and suddenly mowing the farm and yards went from a 9 hour project down to 3. Was a godsend for me since one of my unofficial titles back then was "Mowing Bitch"... was kind of a self given title.