Finding Rams - Part 1 and 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
You really had to do that didn't you? As a dog lover videos like that get to me. I've donated to several rescues. Hope for Paws. The Asher House. A couple others. Now you got me thinking about another one.
Rescue dogs really are pretty amazing. We've had four dogs over the last 21 years. One a purebred Yellow Lab, the other three all mixes that were rescues.

I will always love our lab and she, like a lot of dogs with young(ish) marrieds helped get us ready for the eventual arrival of a child. But the rescues have in all three cases been some of the most loving and loyal animals I've ever been around.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Other than Ted Nguyen who does x and o's stuff, I don't see any other NFL beat writers spitting out content, let alone, long form content like her. Pretty great stuff.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Other than Ted Nguyen who does x and o's stuff, I don't see any other NFL beat writers spitting out content, let alone, long form content like her. Pretty great stuff.
She probably just got lucky.
Blue font implied.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I love the journalistic approach Jourdan puts into her work. Everything she writes is a valuable read. We are lucky that she has been assigned to our team, because she's one of the best. Nobody covers our Rams like she does. And the subscription to The Athletic is more then worth $2 a month. Just look at how many people referred to Dane Brugler's "The Beast" draft guide this year.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
She's good. So is Ted ... smarts, ambition, talent, curiosity , she's like the guys like Ted Green from LA TImes in 1970s and some of the others.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't have a subscription to the Athletic. So I can't read the article. If someone could give us the main points of it that would be nice.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Two excellent articles by Jourdan. What is funny though is that no matter how fancy you get with a draft it still comes down to being correct on a player.

Verse falling for example. Was it lucky? Or were the Vikings correct that Turner will be the better pro. I know what I think. As I mentioned prior to the draft, Turner seemed to have a lot of snaps where he was going through the motions. But maybe it's because he wasn't being rotated properly. None of this stuff is clear, and I am sure his coaches and trainers had some storylines on all that. Only with hindsight will it look clear.

Still I tend to agree with the Rams. I think they're on the right side of things with Verse. Only guy I had ahead of him for us as an Edge was Latua and I knew we wouldn't get him. So to get a young power rush threat is a pretty damn good deal at 19.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't have a subscription to the Athletic. So I can't read the article. If someone could give us the main points of it that would be nice.
She goes into the nuts and bolts of how the Rams run their scouting approach. Two quality articles.

I subscribe to the Athletic because I am willing to pay for good coverage. Rams get that largely because of Jourdan, but the coverage of other teams I follow is pretty good too.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
She goes into the nuts and bolts of how the Rams run their scouting approach. Two quality articles.

I subscribe to the Athletic because I am willing to pay for good coverage. Rams get that largely because of Jourdan, but the coverage of other teams I follow is pretty good too.
Athletic homer!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
For just $2 a month you could also save an animal in need.

You know the song..

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9gspElv1yvc&pp=ygUjaW4gdGhlIGFybXMgb2YgYW4gYW5nZWwgY29tbWVyY2lhbCA%3D

All of the cats in my family's current life have either been adopted from rescues or picked off from the streets after they had been abandoned (Destiny being the primary example).

People don't have to get a brand-new puppy or kitten. Giving an older dog or cat love helps as well, and there's so many of them.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Just finished part 2.

Goddamn... what an awesome article. She's badass.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
For just $2 a month you could also save an animal in need.

You know the song..

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9gspElv1yvc&pp=ygUjaW4gdGhlIGFybXMgb2YgYW4gYW5nZWwgY29tbWVyY2lhbCA%3D

I always like hearing her voice, sounded so sweet and soothing. Even though that is not my type of music I would turn her songs up when they came on the radio.
I rescued a cat (Tuff) from mill I work at. We would feed him and 2 others. One old female cat was blind but he would always let her eat first and smack the other in the head if he tried to push her out of the way. He knew she was old and blind and would protect her.
One day Tuff came up limping. He broke his leg somewhere at the mill. So I took him home and called a place that helps animals and they paid 1500$ to have his front leg amputated, I paid 300$.
After he healed up that cat was the most grateful animal ever. He knew I saved him. He was just so kind and confident. Everyone loved him, even people that did not like cats.
My wife said that when I went to work that cat would jump up on the couch and look out the window at me driving away and meow. He had this real low, ruff kind of meow. When I got home he would run up to the door to greet me like a dog would do. He could sense when both of us were getting ready to leave the house and meow at us, did not want to be alone. If anyone would start raising their voice he would meow at us until we stopped.
I had to put him down 3 months ago, still miss that cat.
Here is to all the other folks who rescue animals !.
BTW, I kind of have this rule on people. If you go with most people are good, I think that is fair, most are. But those who automatically say " I hate cats" its 50/50 good-bad.
Dogs vs cats, they are the same, just different !

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1786020382044250200

A little bit from the article

Over the last 10 months, The Athletic was granted access inside the team’s scouting and draft operation — from shadowing scouts on school visits and all-star events to sitting in on the internal meetings that shaped the team’s draft board and attending the beachside mansion where they held their draft. Some details do not include identifiers to protect the competitive nature of the process.

They call it “finding Rams.”

During his first interview with The Athletic, Rams senior personnel executive Taylor Morton looked out the back window of his Florida home and realized he had to set the phone down for a moment. “Call you right back,” he said in a relaxed drawl. “There’s an alligator in my backyard.”

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Fate almighty, I love Jourdan as a reporter. We have the best reporter to go along with the best coach, best GM, and best front office and owner.

We are blessed and lucky to have them.