Final* 7 Round Rams Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
With their first pick at the back of the third round, and precious little information regarding pre-draft visits, this is more of a shot in the dark than most years' mocks. That said, with some consideration of player slotting, team needs, and a bit of my own personal wish list, here's what I've come up with as my final* Rams mock.

(*I reserve the right to modify this if the Rams make a major FA signing in the next two weeks!)

Round 3 (104): DeAngelo Malone, EDGE, Western Kentucky (RSr.), 6’3, 243 lbs.
Once a draft sleeper, Malone is moving up the charts and could be gone by the time the Rams pick. If he’s there, though, I love the fit. While he isn’t a complete player yet, and might split time with better run defenders, he’s ready to make his mark as a pass rusher, as he demonstrated at this year’s Senior Bowl. The Rams’ last pick from Western Kentucky, Tyler Higbee, worked out well, so hopefully Malone would do the same.

Round 4 (142): Cam Taylor-Britt, CB/FS, Nebraska (Sr.), 6’0, 197 lbs.
Taylor-Britt brings great versatility, having experience playing both the CB and FS spots. He has good size and, while he adjusts to the NFL, his speed (4.38 forty at the Combine) will help make up for any mistakes.

Round 5(32): Dameon Pierce, RB Florida (Sr.), 5’10, 215 lbs.
Pierce would round out the Rams’ RB corps nicely as a power/short yardage presence to compliment workhorse Cam Akers and change-of-pace back Darrell Henderson. He has the ability to find and hit the seams hard, getting positive yards in small spaces. He’s also a guy who loves the game, which is an underrated quality.

Round 6(211): Vederian Lowe, OL, Illinois (Sr.), 6’6, 320 lbs.
Good size and work ethic. He’s not regarded as a camera-ready, finished product, but he has the traits to develop. Position flexibility between OT and OG is helpful too. I’m a fan of Big 10 OL, so he fits that criteria as well.

Round 6(212): Christian Benford, CB, Villanova (Sr.), 6’1, 205 lbs.
A small school prospect who dominated in college and has the tools to be a productive pro. Depth at CB is always a good thing.

Round 6(218): Chase Allen, TE, Iowa State (Sr.), 6’7, 250 lbs.
A tough player who can block. Can be a candidate to replace the role filled by Johnny Mundt.

Round 7(238): Ben Brown, OG, Ole Miss (Sr.), 6’6, 315 lbs.
Good experience (primarily at OG, but also at C) and high level of competition.

Round 7(253): Jordan Stout, P, Penn State (Sr.), 6’6, 225 lbs.
Competition for Riley Dixon.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love the position selections and like some of the players others I know too little about.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm standing pat with my final projections, but I have a few thoughts I want to get on the record now...

1. I won't be shocked at all if the Rams take a RB with their first pick.
2. Cam Taylor-Britt, who I have at 142, could be the pick at 104, and that would not surprise me.
3. I never do trades in my mocks, but the Rams always seem to make trades during the draft, so some of these spots will almost certainly change.
4. If the Rams decide to go for punter Matt Araiza as early as the 4th round, I won't be shocked and, frankly, would not think it was a bad pick.
5. For the right guy, I would have no problem if the Rams traded a 2023 Day 2 (2nd or 3rd round) pick for an extra selection in this year's draft.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was somewhat on-target with respect to positions selected.