Fill up with gas tonight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just paid $3.03 a gallon still down 20 cents from the start of this.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In the Phoenix area, the gas stations I use (in East Mesa and North Phoenix) have jumped up about 15-20 cents. Not as much as I expected (yet) but still a significant increase.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah, it went up 25 cents for low grade here. I don't even look at the other grades.

Always use the grade the manufacturer recommends.

Higher octane DOES NOT improve gas mileage or performance at all.

Thant's a HUGE myth.

Buying 93, 91, 89 octane or whatever when your car calls for 87 is a waste of money.

$4.50/gallon where I live.

Yeah but aren't metric system gallons a lot bigger than regular gallons..........

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut

Thant's a HUGE myth.

Buying 93, 91, 89 octane or whatever when your car calls for 87 is a waste of money.

Yeah but aren't metric system gallons a lot bigger than regular gallons..........

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut

Thant's a HUGE myth.

Not so sure it is a myth. In the '90s I had an Olds with a carbureted 307 that had to frequently pull very steep hills. When I ran 87 or 89 octane it would noticeably lose power and ping so much it sounded like it was making popcorn under the hood. With 93 octane no power loss and no pinging. At that time it was only a dime more per gallon. Mind you this engine was not out of time and got exceptional performance and fuel economy. Again it was only when pulling very steep hills that the pinging occurred, otherwise with 87 octane the performance was excellent. But where I live, with that car I had to run higher octane. (I wonder if was recommended by GM to run higher octane?) Pinging always made me nervous about mobilizing particulates from incomplete combustion causing engine wear. Thus 93 octane also helped with peace of mind. I think fuel injected engines are less prone to ping.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Whatever the mixed results. One thing is clear. America is better off not reliant on Middle East oil.