Fantasy QB help

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Sorry for posting another fantasy topic, but i can't decide who to start this weekend Vick or Bradford? I feel like this could be Sam's coming out party but I can't ignore the fact that Arizona has a way better defense than what the Redskins have going against the Eagles.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Vick has been lighting it up in preseason, and that offense is tailor made for him. I have a feeling he's gonna rack up a bunch of rushing yards against the Redskins if that factors into how your league scores.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Vick has been lighting it up in preseason, and that offense is tailor made for him. I have a feeling he's gonna rack up a bunch of rushing yards against the Redskins if that factors into how your league scores.

I believe its 1 point for every 10 yards rushing, and 1 point for every 30 yards passing plus .5 point for completion and -.5 for incompletion lol.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I had to settle for Payton Manning. Was that a good thing? :sly:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
MontanaRamsFan said:
I had to settle for Payton Manning. Was that a good thing? :sly:

as with all your posts, i dont know what you said, your sig is to nice...

…..

Legend
I'd rather error betting on Vick than Bradford.

At least if Bradford puts up big numbers, the consolation is that the Rams probably won.

fearsomefour

Legend
Tough choice. I think Washingtons D is undervalued. I have Brees and Bradford. I love Bradford this season, but, gotta go with Drew until further notice.
Choosing between Vick and Bradford, both with many new pieces on O (Vick with a whole new O) isent easy. If you think Washingtons D is worse I would probably go with Vick.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the help guys! :tu:

moklerman

Warner-phile
I generally only draft players that I can root for in real life. I haven't played for a couple of years but it makes it a lot more enjoyable for me. In this case, I can't stand Vick and wish him nothing but failure on the field so Bradford would be the easy choice.

In fact, the one league I joined this year my draft strategy was made quite easy because I wasn't going to go for an expensive/elite QB like Rodgers, Brees, etc. and have to draft them early so I was able to load up on quality RB's and WR's because Bradford and Cook were my targets at QB and TE.

I know doubling up is risky and not generally advisable but both of those guys IMO are great value picks as well as personal picks so it's win/win. Not to mention I think they'll both be far more productive than where they were drafted.

bskrilla

Starter
Dog said:

At least if Bradford puts up big numbers, the consolation is that the Rams probably won.

I do this pretty often. You start Vick and then if he and Bradford do well you're twice as happy. If Vick bombs and Bradford puts up 3 td's at least the Rams had a great game.

Regardless of that though I'd start Vick in week 1. I don't think he gives the Eagles a better chance to win than Bradford would, but he likely puts up more fantasy points.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
bskrilla said:
Dog said:

I do this pretty often. You start Vick and then if he and Bradford do well you're twice as happy. If Vick bombs and Bradford puts up 3 td's at least the Rams had a great game.

Regardless of that though I'd start Vick in week 1. I don't think he gives the Eagles a better chance to win than Bradford would, but he likely puts up more fantasy points.

Sound advice from both of you.

Washington's secondary isn't very good. Heck, Jerome Murphy is on the squad!

I think Bradford could have a very good game. But I think Vick does as well.