Extensions should be the order of the day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
The bill on Snead and Fisher's first draft class is quickly coming due. If you include Barron, they have a lot of good young players that need to be extended ASAP. With this new found windfall of cash from the Bradford trade, I would get out in front of this and have new contracts in place for Jenkins, Brockers, Johnson, and Barron. As soon as I was sure Quick was going to bounce back, he would be getting a second deal as well.

It would be a real shame to develop these guys only to see them leave. I think you could save some serious coin by locking up some, if not all of these guys now. Depending on what you do with the rest of free agency, you could really frontload these deals, and the Rams could find themselves in cap nirvana for a long, long time.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I think that they wil be done as the season progresses and these guys show which way they are trending. Right now it would be very difficult to put a value on these guys. I agree that these need to be done, likely during the season in many cases (Assuming proper trending), so that these guys don't go to FA.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I'd be surprised if Jenkins comes back. He's not as good as he thinks he is

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
He may get the interceptions but I am sick of seeing him getting burned week in and week out. I keep thinking of the Monday Night 49ers game last season and his horrible decision to jump the route just before halftime.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
No? Today should be spent shoring up the o-line. We have all year to discuss extensions with players. We only have a couple days to get some decent players in FA. Most are gone already. It's important, just not the time for it. SAve some money for it, but there are more time sensitive issues to deal with right now. Get Barksdale, Wis and Britt then see what we have leftover for the draft class. After that process, then start negotiating with our current players. It takes time to iron out extensions.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

I'd be surprised if he doesn't sign long term. And if he does test the market, he will be paid very handsomely. Most under appreciated player on the team.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I'd be surprised if he doesn't sign long term. And if he does test the market, he will be paid very handsomely. Most under appreciated player on the team.

I just don't see it. I wish he'd stop trying to jump routes as much as he does. It comes off occasionally and looks great but most of the time it hurts the team. Same with his tackling. Too often he tries the flashy tackle but completely whiffs.

I'd dearly love to be wrong because I think he could be very good if he just went back to basics a little more. The problem is if he was going to do that, he'd have done it by now.

Athos

Legend
Shore up the O-line first.

We have spots and depth missing....in a bad way in some cases.