Experience At The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexRamFan

Rookie
Don't know how many of you guys were able to make the game yesterday, but I wanted to pass along a few observations.

Reliant Stadium was AWESOME. Of course the experience was heightened with the awesome win, but I have been to several stadiums (Dallas, GB, Chi, Min, Stl) and I thought this stadium ranked up there with GB. I was in Dallas a few weeks ago and like Reliant much better. They had a nice combination of new age (large screens, fantasy updates, music and in game audio, etc.) features and the classic football stadium feel. The amount of natural light that is in the stadium provides a great feel.

This was one of the better tailgate venues I have been too. I would rank it closely behind GB. Although is was raining there were tons of fans, AWESOME food and a great vibe. As cheesy as it sounds, you could feel the fan base was on edge before the game. I commented to our group that if the Rams could just score first they would have a great chance.

Fans were great. Playful exchanges of trash talking but nothing violent or aggressive. I saw several people with Schaub jersey's that had been altered to take a blow at him.

Seats were high but offered a great view of the stadium. Out of all the stadiums I have been too I have never seen so few Rams fans in a game. I could probably count the number of Rams jerseys I saw with two hands (maybe even one). It could be the distance from Stl or the fact that demand is high for tickets and the city is so big. I was one of two that I could see in my section that had on a Rams jersey. Was never really heckled and thats probably because the outcome of the game.

I was SHOCKED when they booed Schaub. I honestly thought they flew a flag on Long for somekind of unsportsmanlike penalty the way they erupted. It really made me sick. The fans were very nice before and during the game and it was a shock to see them act like that. Many fans were disgusted that they acted like that, so it def. was not the entrire crowd by any means.

This was the first Rams win I have ever seen on the road. I was really soaking it up. No rubbing it in or anything, but was FINALLY able to walk out with my head up.

I thought the Rams had a TON of energy and speed. Bradford I thought managed the game well and made the throws when he had too. When not asked to do it all he looks completely different. Line looked great opening holes for Stacey from what I could see. I hope this win helps them turn the corner!

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Thanks for the review and it's cool to see you attending so many Away games. I like the 'new age' features you mentioned and hope whatever happens with the Ram's new stadium incorporates stuff like that.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Cool summary of your experience down there.

Glad the Rams made your experience a GOOD ONE!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hahaha...

I know the feeling of walking out to the car after a Road Win. Nirvana.

It's a very painful, lonely, long walk after a loss.

TexRamFan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iBruce said:
Thanks for the review and it's cool to see you attending so many Away games. I like the 'new age' features you mentioned and hope whatever happens with the Ram's new stadium incorporates stuff like that.

I agree with you 100%. I really pay attention to away stadiums and what they have going for them that makes them unique. I have also noticed a few trends that I wish the Rams would "hop" on. Then again I realize they are not trends that you can force on a fan base, they more or less come along with winning. For example.......

1. Each stadium has had a token 3rd down event for the home team that gets the crowd LOUD. Some kind of song in combination with the P.A. guy getting the crowd jacked. And they always do this AS the visiting team is taking the huddle, not after like the Rams do at home sometimes. Usually it has something or some song that has to do with the team name or city.

I would love to see the Rams incorporate some Nelly song (just the start or certain variation of a song) to get the crowd jacked. Show some Rams banging heads on the screen and have the P.A. guy get the crowd jacked.

2. The crowd usually has some cheer or united saying they do for first downs/TD's. Houston had some little hand gestures and dance they all did in our section. At the dome we just say "First Down". We used to have the "you and you and you and you" chant after TD's, but again this went away with lots of losing. As we win I hope the crowd gets something going again.

3. United tailgating. Don't know how many of you have been to the Ed, but the tailgating is very spread out. Houston was awesome. A massive lot, packed full of tailgaters everywhere you looked. I know they have been working on making the experience better at STL, but they have limited options to work with. A new stadium would go along way in helping this out.

4. Fantasy football. This is what is really keeping a ton of people away from the games (in combination with cost) especially in city's like STL where losing has been common lately. Most prefer to sit at home and follow the game of their choice and watch fantasy players. This seems very common in younger fans too. They had a nice screen in Houston with constant fantasy scoring updates and top players for each position.

5. Lots of younger fans. I have a two year old and cant wait to take him to the game. I have noticed away stadiums have so many activities for the youth. Houston had a cool little 40 yd dash game and several others for kids in the tailgating areas. I saw more younger kids (10 yo and under) at Houston than I have anywhere else.

nighttrain

Legend
TexRamFan said:
was SHOCKED when they booed Schaub
this was terrible action by fans, and the worst part, Schaub was one of few Houston players with a good rating at the time of injury
I really dislike people who boo their own players. I know the paid to watch, but still doesnt seem likie the right thing to do. And in this case, i bet they we're really upset after Tree's 98 yd INT for a TD off of Yates
train

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
TexRamFan said:
Don't know how many of you guys were able to make the game yesterday, but I wanted to pass along a few observations.

Reliant Stadium was AWESOME. Of course the experience was heightened with the awesome win, but I have been to several stadiums (Dallas, GB, Chi, Min, Stl) and I thought this stadium ranked up there with GB. I was in Dallas a few weeks ago and like Reliant much better. They had a nice combination of new age (large screens, fantasy updates, music and in game audio, etc.) features and the classic football stadium feel. The amount of natural light that is in the stadium provides a great feel.

This was one of the better tailgate venues I have been too. I would rank it closely behind GB. Although is was raining there were tons of fans, AWESOME food and a great vibe. As cheesy as it sounds, you could feel the fan base was on edge before the game. I commented to our group that if the Rams could just score first they would have a great chance.

Fans were great. Playful exchanges of trash talking but nothing violent or aggressive. I saw several people with Schaub jersey's that had been altered to take a blow at him.

Seats were high but offered a great view of the stadium. Out of all the stadiums I have been too I have never seen so few Rams fans in a game. I could probably count the number of Rams jerseys I saw with two hands (maybe even one). It could be the distance from Stl or the fact that demand is high for tickets and the city is so big. I was one of two that I could see in my section that had on a Rams jersey. Was never really heckled and thats probably because the outcome of the game.

I was SHOCKED when they booed Schaub. I honestly thought they flew a flag on Long for somekind of unsportsmanlike penalty the way they erupted. It really made me sick. The fans were very nice before and during the game and it was a shock to see them act like that. Many fans were disgusted that they acted like that, so it def. was not the entrire crowd by any means.

This was the first Rams win I have ever seen on the road. I was really soaking it up. No rubbing it in or anything, but was FINALLY able to walk out with my head up.

I thought the Rams had a TON of energy and speed. Bradford I thought managed the game well and made the throws when he had too. When not asked to do it all he looks completely different. Line looked great opening holes for Stacey from what I could see. I hope this win helps them turn the corner!
We're you the Rams fan I saw on TV getting Texans fans to take their pics lol

TexRamFan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rabid Ram said:
TexRamFan said:

LOL. I don't think that was me....I had on a white Tavon Austin Jersey. I recorded the game and am going to watch it today, so I will look out for that.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Selassie I said:
Hahaha...

I know the feeling of walking out to the car after a Road Win. Nirvana.

It's a very painful, lonely, long walk after a loss.

So true on both.

Accentuated, in both areas, at Candlestick Park in San Francisco. :lol:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rabid Ram said:

I saw that too!

It looked like those folks were in the lower section of the stadium, though.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I have a friend who works at Reliant Stadium, who I spoke to by phone last night, and he said the fans were leaving in waves during halftime and the 3rd qtr. He also said he's never seen them so upset. I asked him if the fans were mad, and he said 'no, they were pissed'.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Rabid Ram said:

That cracked me up. Did you see the look on that dudes face like "Seriously?". They were good sports.