Every time Chris Givens was targeted last year (Video)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lotta targets went his way (81). He and Bradford weren't totally synced up last year, but this year is gonna be a different story. There were also a few instances where SB couldn't step into the throw, and other instances of where Givens had some drops, but this could be a dynamic duo in 2013.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9l_SNjtUHs[/youtube]

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Hey Sherman, you dickhead, what happened to you starting at 2:14 of the video will continue to happen to you next year, and the next and the next, etc., etc., etc. You will not be able to contain Givens and the only thing you might be able to stop are the runs in you pants after you shit yourself from being burned so much.

On another note, I see Givens having a breakout year next year and will be Sam's favorite target. Speed kills and he has it.

jap

Legend
Well, we have one speedy RB turn WR starting out well in Chris. Might as well grab another in Tavon. RB's with speed who become receivers tend to know how to protect themselves from vicious hits, and their catches often signal only the start of the play (IOW, they get YAC).

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
The progression he made as a rookie here is what's important. He was turning into a very solid player at the end. He's fearless, fast, quick, runs good routes, has good yac ability, and has just enough cockiness to be a big time FOOTBALL player and not a DIVA. Great pick by the Rams. Sky is the limit, and can't wait to see the rapport between him and Sam grow. Thanks for posting X.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Man, I watch his film and watched Gibson's yesterday and WOW! Gibsons play was good, but Givens was only a rookie and showed far more potential, I am all for letting Gibson and Amendola walk to insert Quick and Austin. Hell yeah! :mrgreen:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Cool Paul. What I got from that is that Givens can get open very quickly on mid routes. That will help slow down the D-line if he and Sam recognize that pressure is coming. I would like him to secure the ball a bit better. I think he could be a real game changer if they keep moving him around the field and have him break off several of those outside routes to set up his defender. And talk about a potential weapon on screens. Dude does a great job of making the first guy miss. He doesn't seem to have great long speed though. I think he has to beat his guy early or on double moves. He has pretty good hands but also seems to have some concentration lapses that result in dropped balls. He's a rookie so it is totally understandable that he would run the wrong route or not be on the same page as Sam at times. He thinks he can kick Aldon Smith's ass. Huge potential.

What I also saw was that we need a better O-line.
images

Speeps

Starter
While watching this video I couldn't help but think about the possibilities of running a 4 wide receiver set with Quick, Amendola, Givens, and Tavon Austin...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Speeps said:
While watching this video I couldn't help but think about the possibilities of running a 4 wide receiver set with Quick, Amendola, Givens, and Tavon Austin...
That would be lethal -- *IF* -- Bradford was given enough time to step into his throws.

Speeps

Starter
X said:
Speeps said:
That would be lethal -- *IF* -- Bradford was given enough time to step into his throws.
It would. So we could draft a guard (cooper or Warmack). Sign Lake Long. Hope that Rokeveous Watkins really becomes Rok.

Also, signing Jared Cook would be nice.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
This video showcases Givens, but it also showcases Sam. With the exception of 1 throw (Minny game), Sam delivered a catchable ball on essentially every deep ball to Givens. Some were dropped by Givens, many were completed, and a few others were well played by the DBs. With more chemistry between Sam and Givens next year, we should get teams even more often on the deep ball. Sky's the limit for this kid

A55VA6

Legend
rams24/7 said:
This video showcases Givens, but it also showcases Sam. With the exception of 1 throw (Minny game), Sam delivered a catchable ball on essentially every deep ball to Givens. Some were dropped by Givens, many were completed, and a few others were well played by the DBs. With more chemistry between Sam and Givens next year, we should get teams even more often on the deep ball. Sky's the limit for this kid
Sams deep ball has been fantastic. Looking at some of the film on his deep ball, he couldn't have placed it any better. The kid is so accurate. Sam is the future of this team. Sam and Chris Givens can be a force for the next 10 years. One thing I like about Chris is he's a hard worker.

jap

Legend
rams24/7 said:

. . . as long as Sam has a wall between himself and defenders for 4-5 seconds or so, but I'm sure you are assuming that. :ww:

bluecoconuts

Legend
I need to make a gif of Givens burning Sherman and then one from the Quick video beating him the next play.....

... You know for... Science... And not for spamming every Seattle fan across the Internet.....

duckhunter

Starter
Givens is the real deal. He's a deep threat and by year's end the ram's were working on him beaking off go routes into the rest of the route tree. Givens gets separation. Take him the next step. Replicate what has worked for you and fits Sammy big arm and deep throw mentality. Watch his decision making and Sammy is looking for separation not jump ball options.

Irregardless of what happens to DA and the development of BQ, this is the draft to add quality to your WR group. Quick, fast, change of direction, route runners can own these big, jump ball CBs the league has gone to. Add two more with similiar capabilities as Givens, not the jump ball big guys because that plays to the league's strength.

Five guys stand out in this draft that have similiar tools as Givens. Austin, Woods, Hopkins, Wheaton and Bailey. Quickness to change directions right now, speed to threaten deep on any play, ability to gain separation at the moment of route breaks, and hands to snatch en route.

You give Sammy three guys like Givens and watch him blossum. Give him two more like BQ and what have you got.

jap

Legend
duckhunter said:
Givens is the real deal. He's a deep threat and by year's end the ram's were working on him beaking off go routes into the rest of the route tree. Givens gets separation. Take him the next step. Replicate what has worked for you and fits Sammy big arm and deep throw mentality. Watch his decision making and Sammy is looking for separation not jump ball options.

Irregardless of what happens to DA and the development of BQ, this is the draft to add quality to your WR group. Quick, fast, change of direction, route runners can own these big, jump ball CBs the league has gone to. Add two more with similiar capabilities as Givens, not the jump ball big guys because that plays to the league's strength.

Five guys stand out in this draft that have similiar tools as Givens. Austin, Woods, Hopkins, Wheaton and Bailey. Quickness to change directions right now, speed to threaten deep on any play, ability to gain separation at the moment of route breaks, and hands to snatch en route.

You give Sammy three guys like Givens and watch him blossum. Give him two more like BQ and what have you got.

Agreed! I always, always favor the route runners and 'natural' ball pluckers over anyone else. I placed 'natural' in quotation marks because that ability is not really natural at all---it comes as the benefit of long practice & hard work. :cool:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Great stuff thank you.

Its all about that pocket guys. Thats why I say Now it the time to finally get to fixing this OL so that Sam has comfort and security to be what he can be. Givens & Quick should have their rookie year far behind them and set the stage for this young dynamic duo to lite up those Seahawk & 9er corners for yrs.

Having the 9ers going after the best CB in the AFC is said to beat the Ravens next time...well it may be be them trying to figure how to beat the Rams to hell with the Ravens!

Hey Snead ...Fisher don't get distracted here ....Fix the O line Now's the Time! You hear me! :hehe:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
BonifayRam said:
Great stuff thank you.

Its all about that pocket guys. Thats why I say Now it the time to finally get to fixing this OL so that Sam has comfort and security to be what he can be. Givens & Quick should have their rookie year far behind them and set the stage for this young dynamic duo to lite up those Seahawk & 9er corners for yrs.

Having the 9ers going after the best CB in the AFC is said to beat the Ravens next time...well it may be be them trying to figure how to beat the Rams to hell with the Ravens!

Hey Snead ...Fisher don't get distracted here ....Fix the O line Now's the Time!
You hear me! :hehe:
That bolded font is hard for me to read. I don't if anyone else has a problem with it. Just to let you know.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
DR RAM said:
BonifayRam said:
Great stuff thank you.

Hey Snead ...Fisher don't get distracted here ....Fix the O line Now's the Time!
You hear me! :hehe:
That bolded font is hard for me to read. I don't if anyone else has a problem with it. Just to let you know.

Not trying to make any statement with the bold other than my own issues with reading my own posts as I prepare them due to eye issues with massive floaters in my worn out eyes. I can make some chances on my end i think. Thus to produce the lighter & gray print that some desire. This site uses gray print more than others & causes this older guy some issues here in reading them. But to accommodate the Dr I sure have no issues going light thin & less darker to appease.