ESPN on Mike Martz Retirement

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Scott Van Pelt and Ryen Russilo discuss the inglorious end to Mike Martz's career in the NFL.

[espn]7471980[/espn]

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
In all fairness, the Bears were a major contender before the loss of Cutler AND Forte. Who knows where they may have been, possible the Super Bowl. I forgot exactly what happened, didn't Martz quit, citing philosophical differences with the team? He wasn't fired was he? In any case, he has admitted to making mistakes in the past, in particular for some of the things that he did as a Ram, but he appeared to learn from that. He was a great coordinator for us, and a HUGE reason that the Rams won a Super Bowl.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I feel for Coach Martz. I don't like seeing so much negativity surrounding him,,, even though I understand why it's there.

I would like to give him some Props in honor of his retirement. Without him, I don't believe we win that Bowl. We should all never forget that.

I have a little message Coach Martz wrote me hanging in a frame in my office. He sent me this note on his own after having to listen to my Crazy Fucking Aunt (TWA Flight Attendant for 40years) talk his ear off during a flight. My Aunt is someone who loves to hear herself talk... she saw Coach on the flight and proceeded to tell him all about her nephew's lifelong following of the team. It had to be an absolute nightmare for him :oops: ... poor bastard. Anyway,,, she called me after her flight with him to tell me about how she told him all about me during the entire duration of the flight.... again :oops:

About a week or so after she tells me about this, I receive my message from Coach Martz in the mail. It basically thanks me for being "such a Great Ram Fan". He didn't have to do that,,, especially after the nightmare of being trapped on a long flight were your flight attendant won't stop telling you all about her nephew. I was touched by the thought. I told my aunt about it,,, then she tells me that Coach did ask her for my address. What a trip.

So Coach Martz, if you really are going to retire,,, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the GSOT years. If so , you'll be retiring in Irie Nirvana. Thanks again Coach!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Coach Martz is my all time favorite Rams HC, even above HC Ray Malavaysi, who took a team riddled with injuries and brought them to within 1-interception of a SB win against the Steelers.

I really wish we didn't have such morons in the executive positions at the time, as I think Martz would still be the HC. I hope he comes back to the NFL. In the meantime, I look forward to listening to his insights in the media, hopefully on NFLN where he can join Kurt, Marshall & Torry.

Anonymous

Selassie I said:
I feel for Coach Martz. I don't like seeing so much negativity surrounding him,,, even though I understand why it's there.

I would like to give him some Props in honor of his retirement. Without him, I don't believe we win that Bowl. We should all never forget that.

I have a little message Coach Martz wrote me hanging in a frame in my office. He sent me this note on his own after having to listen to my Crazy freaking Aunt (TWA Flight Attendant for 40years) talk his ear off during a flight. My Aunt is someone who loves to hear herself talk... she saw Coach on the flight and proceeded to tell him all about her nephew's lifelong following of the team. It had to be an absolute nightmare for him :oops: ... poor bastard. Anyway,,, she called me after her flight with him to tell me about how she told him all about me during the entire duration of the flight.... again :oops:

About a week or so after she tells me about this, I receive my message from Coach Martz in the mail. It basically thanks me for being "such a Great Ram Fan". He didn't have to do that,,, especially after the nightmare of being trapped on a long flight were your flight attendant won't stop telling you all about her nephew. I was touched by the thought. I told my aunt about it,,, then she tells me that Coach did ask her for my address. What a trip.

So Coach Martz, if you really are going to retire,,, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the GSOT years. If so , you'll be retiring in Irie Nirvana. Thanks again Coach!

That's a great story. Squeaky likey Mikey even more! :lmao: For someone portrayed as arrogant, paranoid etc. to take the time to write and send the note makes me believe the press is less about reporting than stirring shit. He got a raw deal with the front office tools IMO. For all the criticism he takes about his play calling etc........he's improved every QB he's worked with. He'll be back.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Martz wasn't a good head coach?? 56-36 with 2 division championships, four playoff births and a superbowl in 5 1/2 years. The most UNDERRATED coach in HISTORY if you ask me.......