Elite 11

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I stumbled across this ESPN series late last night and thought it was pretty good.... it's a competition (QB Camp) between the "best" 24 High School QB's in the nation with Trent Dilfer acting as Head Coach and evaluator.

<a class="postlink" href="http://rise.espn.go.com/football/events/2011-Elite-11.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://rise.espn.go.com/football/events ... te-11.aspx</a>

ESPN RISE’s Elite 11 is the nation’s premier quarterback competition for high school athletes. Notable Elite 11 alumni include Vince Young, Matt Leinart, JaMarcus Russell, Mark Sanchez, Matthew Stafford, Troy Smith and Tim Tebow.

This year's finals were held at Pepperdine University in Malibu, Calif., July 18-22. Twenty-four of the best signal callers in the nation competed. Former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer and a team of coaches evaluated players' skill, on-field intelligence and overall performance. On July 22, the final 11 QBs were named.

P.S. The uncommitted kid out of [I think from] Arkansas (Neal Burcham) has got a scary good god-given throwing motion.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
interference said:
I stumbled across this ESPN series late last night and thought it was pretty good.... it's a competition (QB Camp) between the "best" 24 High School QB's in the nation with Trent Dilfer acting as Head Coach and evaluator.

<a class="postlink" href="http://rise.espn.go.com/football/events/2011-Elite-11.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://rise.espn.go.com/football/events ... te-11.aspx</a>

ESPN RISE’s Elite 11 is the nation’s premier quarterback competition for high school athletes. Notable Elite 11 alumni include Vince Young, Matt Leinart, JaMarcus Russell, Mark Sanchez, Matthew Stafford, Troy Smith and Tim Tebow.

This year's finals were held at Pepperdine University in Malibu, Calif., July 18-22. Twenty-four of the best signal callers in the nation competed. Former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer and a team of coaches evaluated players' skill, on-field intelligence and overall performance. On July 22, the final 11 QBs were named.

P.S. The uncommitted kid out of [I think from] Arkansas (Neal Burcham) has got a scary good god-given throwing motion.

That alumni led by Trent Dilfer? Hmmmmm... :what:

I like watching these young kids before they become known though. Pretty amazing how many of them do great in college and then just don't translate to the NFL. It would have been cool to see what Stafford looked like back then - the others? Meh.

If that baldheaded moron Trent Dilfer is evaluating talent, teams better take the one he disses and run from the one he puts his stamp on. Remember 2010 before the draft, he said the Rams taking Sam would be a "catastrophic" mistake, that Jimmy Clausen was the most pro-ready QB in the draft. Thank God the Rams weren't listening to that attention hog.

I also think the only reason he's come up with this Total QBR is to try to find a way to make himself look good. He has to figure out some way of explaining away his own career stats...113 TD's and 129 INT's. What a tool! Oh yeah, almost forgot - he works for ESPN.

Go Sam!!! Go Rams!!!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can't stand Dilfer either, but I was honestly pleasantly surprised by the show. Dilfer is a little over the top, but I thought he did a really good job with those kids.

And as far as evaluating the top QB's in the camp, as long as the editors did a reasonably fair job, then the viewer can pretty much figure out for himself who the top talent is.

I really liked the kid going to Purdue as well. Solid, hard worker, good study habbits, and coached-up very well.