Elimination Chamber 2014 Results/thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'm watching through the PPV now, and will give my thoughts and results post by post.

If you're trying to avoid spoilage, skip this post. (And of course if you don't care about wrestling, skip it too. ;) )

Boffo97

Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Goldust & Cody Rhodes defeat Ryback & Curtis Axel (Cody pins Axel, Cross Rhodes)

Larry "The Ax" Hennig was in Rybaxel's corner (Axel's grandfather, Mr. Perfect's father) but didn't do much of anything but look. No Brotherhood dissension teased.

Last edited:

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Big E defeats Jack Swagger (Big Ending) to retain the Intercontinental Championship.

Nice little opening match, and perhaps the best Swagger match I've seen in a while. Ending came after Swagger had Big E in the Patriot Lock and Big E got up to one foot and Enziguri'd Swagger. Nice flexibility.

Afterwards, Bad News Barrett did his schtick (no interaction with Big E).

Hogan announced to appear on RAW.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
The New Age Outlaws defeat The Usos (Billy Gum pins Jimmy Uso with a roll up) to retain the Tag Team Titles.

Went a bit too long, bored the crowd. Result was pretty surprising to me.

MORE Bad News Barrett? He tells us Bryan won't win, and all the fans will turn on him. The fans predictably said "No!"

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Titus O'Neill defeats Darren Young (sloppy power bomb... thing.)

Crowd was DEAD during this match.

You overused Bad News Barrett on the last show. The fans got sick of him. Apparently, his podium broke after his first appearance. Hogan gets mocked and the crowd seems to not care.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
The Wyatt Family defeat the Shield (Bray Wyatt pins Roman Reigns with Sister Abigail's Kiss)

Crowd starts a "This is awesome" chant before the Wyatts even get in the ring. Let's go Wyatts and Let's go Shield chants BEFORE the bell as well.

This match really should not have had tag rules. Maybe a future match won't.

Luke Harper as the "Face in Peril" is ODD.

Harper tries a German Suplex off the 2nd rope in the corner... Rollins flips around and lands on his feet! WOW!

Now Rollins is the Face in Peril.

Holy crap! If Royal Rumble made Bray Wyatt, Elimination Chamber is making Seth Rollins and Luke Harper!

Ambrose and Wyatt brawl into the crowd! Rollins and Harper outside the ring! Reigns and Rowan inside the ring!

Rollins double chokeslammed through the Spanish Announcer Table by Harper and Rowan!

Even Bray Wyatt cannot headbutt a Samoan!

Reigns eventually falls to the 3 on 1 assault as Rollins was lying in the ruins of a table, and Ambrose was lost in the crowd.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Cameron defeats AJ Lee by DQ - AJ retains the Divas Title

Pretty obvious "avoid burning out the crowd" match after that last one.

"RIP Spanish Announce Table" trending on Twitter... :)

End comes when Tamina accidentally kicked AJ on the outside, then pulled Cameron out and attacked her to avoid the pin.

Cameron has potential but is still pretty green.

Will someone please make Bad News Barrett go away?! He is having fun with his podium being broken though. WWE Network will make us so addicted that it will ruin our lives.

Santino & Emma play with toys (not those kind, perverts). Khali joins them. So does El Torito and Los Matadores.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Batista defeats Alberto Del Rio (Batistabomb)
Crowd defeats Batista (Crapping all over the match)

Crowd is booing the heck out of Batista.

Del Rio comes out in street clothes and a neck brace, saying he won't be able to compete... then attacks him with the crutches. He takes off the street clothes and his ring gear underneath. Like the Lesnar-Big Show match, he's taking advantage of the idea that the match hasn't started yet.

Crowd is LOVING this assault. Hah.

Match starts and audience craps over it... "BOO-Tis-Ta" chant. Hehehe. Announcers try to sell it as crowd liking Del Rio.

"Daniel Bryan" chant. I love this crowd. "CM Punk" chant soon follows. You're going to keep having this problem if you try to fight the crowd, WWE.

Whatever did happen to Brock Lesnar, I wonder?

Cole and Lawler complaining about Del Rio's pride in his Mexican heritage... making their critiques of Zeb Colter hypocritical.

"We Want Lesnar" chant now. Hah.

End was predictable enough that I wrote the first line before the match.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Randy Orton wins the Elimination Chamber match to retain the WWE World Heavyweight Title.
Christian eliminates Sheamus (Splash off top of a pod)
Bryan eliminates Christian (flying knee)
Cena eliminates Cesaro (STF)
Orton eliminates Cena (after outside interference from the Wyatts)
Orton eliminates Bryan (RKO, after interference from Kane)

Cena out first. He's greeted as cordially as Batista was. Hands all his shirt and what all off to what looks like a Make A Wish kid.

Christian out second. Not much of a reaction either way.

Orton out third. Announcers talk about his low odds of retaining.

Bryan out fourth. Crowd of course goes crazy. This should mean Sheamus & Cesaro start. Bryan still taped up.

Cesaro out. Lots of Cesaro signs in the crowd.

Sheamus out to a nice reaction.

I can't tell if the crowd just likes the We The People chant or if they want Cesaro (and maybe Swagger) to face turn.

Pretty good brawl to start. I'd like to see these two have their own match.

Daniel Bryan #3! Crowd goes wild!

At one point, Bryan has Sheamus in a leglock, and then Northern Lights Suplexes Cesaro while holding the leglock! OW!

Bryan thrown threw his pod bad shoulder first.

Apparently, you have to be in the actual ring for a pin. You could pin on the steel in the games.

Let's Go Cena/Cena Sucks chants, and he's not even in the match yet.

Christian in at #4. Goes after Daniel Bryan and the crowd hates it. Christian repeatedly throws Bryan's shoulder into the cage, then rips the bandage off.

Cesaro tries the Swing on Christian outside the ring, but Christian too close to the ropes. Cesaro then picks him up in a power bomb position and rams him into a pod, cracking it.

Still no eliminations and Cena in at #5.

Bryan does his kicks on Cena, but gets caught for the Killswitch by Christian, but Bryan kicks out.

White Noise by Sheamus gets 2 on Cena.

This is a great match so far... very hard to note everything.

Orton in as #6 with no eliminations. Orton goes after all the downed competitors. Crowd starts crapping on Orton.

Once all 5 opponents are up, Orton tries locking himself back in his pod. Crowd starts a BS chant.

Sheamus Brogue Kicks through the pod! That woke the crowd up!

Cesaro swings Orton to about a 28 count.

Sheamus tries to Brogue Kick Christian, who ducks and Sheamus hits Cena. Christian tries to cover both and gets 2.

Christian climbs to the top of a pod, Sheamus goes after him, Orton superplexes Sheamus, and Christian splashes Sheamus from the top of the pod! Sheamus eliminated!

And Bryan eliminates Christian with the flying knee.

Cena has Bryan up for the A.A.... and Cesaro German Suplexes Cena! This is awesome!

Cena A.A.s Cesaro outside of the ring!

Cesaro taps to the STF. Eliminated. Crowd unhappy.

Cena locks Orton in the STF... Wyatt DEATH happens... then when the lights are back on, they're in the chamber! Wyatts attack Cena and Bryan, looks like mainly Cena. Sister Abigail's Kiss to Cena.

Now a "Thank you, Wyatts" chant starts... though not widespread. Orton pins for the three. Eliminated.

Kane has come to the ring. Yeah, I see where this is going.

Bryan hits a knee off the top rope to Kane, but Orton throws him into a pod.

Orton goes for the RKO, Bryan reverses into the Flying Knee. Kane grabs the official to prevent the count. Bryan kicks Kane, but Orton hits the RKO, but only gets 2.

Roll up by Bryan gets 2. Bryan follows up with a kick to Orton's head.

Kane hits Bryan in the shoulder, and Randy hits another RKO for the three.

They're going to have to do something. Orton vs. Batista is NOT going to fly at Mania, even not as the main event.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
lol...Umm bro, I think you are about 99% of the people interested in WWE on the board.

But carry on!!! To each his own!

Boffo97

Name
Dave
lol...Umm bro, I think you are about 99% of the people interested in WWE on the board.

But carry on!!! To each his own!
There were a number of respondents in the original thread in the OT board.

That said, if these don't start getting much interest soon, I'll stop. In the meantime, since the threads are marked, they can simply be skipped by wrestling non-fans.