Ejaun Price

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Is he an inside linebacker prospect?

He played outside in college and as a Senior almost half of his tackles were for loss.
His 5'11/ 250 build seems more suited for inside.

He was on and off the roster which is not uncommon for a 7th round draft pick.

Any insights?

fearsomefour

Legend
No insights here, but, I'm sure he will given a shot tomcomete in camp.
I expect a lot of bodies competing at LB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah who knows. Not all the guys we drafted last year are going to work out, sadly. He's probably one of the guys who is on the verge of his pro window closing, though, so hopefully he'll come into camp and show well this year.

There's a lot of guys like that on this roster that I am eager to watch this year in camp. CB in particular is going to be downright nasty, lookin at the list of talent they've assembled. Wouldn't want to be a young dude trying to break into that room holy crap.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Is he an inside linebacker prospect?

He played outside in college and as a Senior almost half of his tackles were for loss.
His 5'11/ 250 build seems more suited for inside.

He was on and off the roster which is not uncommon for a 7th round draft pick.

Any insights?

My insight & feel for him !!

Well he played for Pitt !! Like Aaron Donald. I’m sure they know of each other from the past ? I wonder there relationship, but college Bro’s at the least , plus play on the D” Line.

I was at a practice at UCI with O vs D !! I tell you this . EJUAN PRICE can get to the QB of the edge !! He is a OLB & rushes the best from the left side.

I watched him in the preseason & my take on him is he is a poor mans Khaliah Mack !!

He is a find in my book .

Elvis Dumervil made a career out of that spot being 3 inches shorter than Price.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was rooting for him last year, and I saw no reason to quit on him! I hope he can hold his roster spot this year, wearing '#51'!(y);):D

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Certainly the opportunity is there for him with our lack of depth inside and outside.

If he can play both that would help his chances.

I'm sure he'll be volunteering for special teams and needs to be a guided missile on that unit as well.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I think Price and some of the other guys we have for depth will do well when given the opportunity to play. I still feel this position group needs some help in the draft.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Certainly the opportunity is there for him with our lack of depth inside and outside.

If he can play both that would help his chances.

I'm sure he'll be volunteering for special teams and needs to be a guided missile on that unit as well.

I really don’t see that at all !! I don’t think you understand the type of player he is ??

Cory Littleton is that guy that does it all . I think Ejuan is strictly A OLB / DE type of player. His speed is not as good as his quickness.

I guess Mack might be more of a INside/LB ?

Will see though how everything plays out. I like Morgan Fox & think he could handle the edge on running downs.

Ram65

Legend
Ejuan Price

• BornJan 30, 1993 in Rankin, PA (Age: 25)
  • Drafted2017: 7th Rnd, 234th by LAR
  • Experience2nd season
  • CollegePittsburgh
Part of his profile click the link for entire profile.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/ejuan-price?id=2558002
DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 5-6
SOURCES TELL US
"He's a little ball of dynamite. He's got some physical limitations, which will keep him from getting picked early, but I see an NFL rusher. He's strong and twitchy and can finish when he gets the tackle beat." -- Director of scouting for NFC team
NFL COMPARISON
James Harrison
BOTTOM LINE
Stiff-hipped, straight-line rusher who is limited in his rush approach, but has the burst and twitch to finish what he starts. The comparison with James Harrison has more to do with the stature, playing style and rush production that both men possess. While his draft stock might be limited, he has the ability to be a sub-package rusher who could flash on the next level.

Ram65

Legend
He has to be in the mix for edge rusher rotation. He has some good traits like burst and twitch mentioned above. I thought he showed some ability in preseason. He has had a year in an NFL program and should be even better. He is someone to watch.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I really don’t see that at all !! I don’t think you understand the type of player he is ??

Cory Littleton is that guy that does it all . I think Ejuan is strictly A OLB / DE type of player. His speed is not as good as his quickness.

I guess Mack might be more of a INside/LB ?

Will see though how everything plays out. I like Morgan Fox & think he could handle the edge on running downs.
I think I used the the word "IF".

That's why I started this thread, to get some opinions.

Have you considered decaf??

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think that Price is going to open some eyes this year, even if we do select a couple of edge rushers in the draft.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I think Price and some of the other guys we have for depth will do well when given the opportunity to play.
They should have the opportunities to make great plays.
Look who they will be playing behind.

The Fearsome Threesome. :D

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I think that Price is going to open some eyes this year, even if we do select a couple of edge rushers in the draft.
I'm pulling for every one of these guys to bust ass in Camp.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think I used the the word "IF".

That's why I started this thread, to get some opinions.

Have you considered decaf??

If a woman had balls she would be King !!!

Just giving you my opinion.

The image you describe , I just don’t see. Ejuan Price is not that player ?? Maybe your right ? Maybe !! IF YOU are I’ll give you total credit for being an outside the box thinker.

Last year I would not have thought Kromer was going to cut Robinson & move Brown to RT at first.
Joyner was moved to FS which I Fisher should have done a few years earlier.
Tavon as a 3rd string RB would not have crossed my mind either.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ejuan Price

• BornJan 30, 1993 in Rankin, PA (Age: 25)
  • Drafted2017: 7th Rnd, 234th by LAR
  • Experience2nd season
  • CollegePittsburgh
Part of his profile click the link for entire profile.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/ejuan-price?id=2558002
DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 5-6
SOURCES TELL US
"He's a little ball of dynamite. He's got some physical limitations, which will keep him from getting picked early, but I see an NFL rusher. He's strong and twitchy and can finish when he gets the tackle beat." -- Director of scouting for NFC team
NFL COMPARISON
James Harrison
BOTTOM LINE
Stiff-hipped, straight-line rusher who is limited in his rush approach, but has the burst and twitch to finish what he starts. The comparison with James Harrison has more to do with the stature, playing style and rush production that both men possess. While his draft stock might be limited, he has the ability to be a sub-package rusher who could flash on the next level.

He flashed in the preseason practice. Goff was just putting his arm back when he touched him , &!allowed the throw. He would have crushed Jared bad. Might have been Brown or some on the RT’s ?

Quinn was the same way a lot of times. Ejuan Price comes with low leverage & power as well. He is not a INside LB , strictly a Rush LB from my view point.

— Just like that Peterson kid . I like watching players develop that have a chance. It doesn’t always come through , but you can see the talent. Peterson made a mistake against Atlanta in the playoffs. If he recovers the fumble The Rams would have won !!

Now that is a Huge If though.

My thinking is The Rams need a RT or swing to be able to block Price first & foremost

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
If a woman had balls she would be King !!!

Just giving you my opinion.

The image you describe , I just don’t see. Ejuan Price is not that player ?? Maybe your right ? Maybe !! IF YOU are I’ll give you total credit for being an outside the box thinker.

Last year I would not have thought Kromer was going to cut Robinson & move Brown to RT at first.
Joyner was moved to FS which I Fisher should have done a few years earlier.
Tavon as a 3rd string RB would not have crossed my mind either.
I don't know how I could make it any more clear.
I was asking IF someone thought he was that type of player that can play inside and outside.
I HAVE NO OPINION EITHER WAY.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I thought he was cut....then re-signed to the practice squad, no? I'd imagine he'll be cut again if they draft ANY OLB. I'm guessing we have Longacre (hopefully healthy), Samson, Thompson....and....I know I'm missing someone....those 3 played roles last year...I'd guess we'd add one or 2 more...

This is a very deep defensive draft.

Not a bad topic at all....many college guys switch positions....from OLB to ILB....I remember this one guy from USC...he's on the Giants....went from DE, OLB, now ILB in the pros....he's a pretty good player too.