Eiffert vs Ertz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Right not, it looks like Eiffert is "winning the combine" at TE. But, I don't know? I think I like Ertz better as a player. In 2012 he was "the man" on the field.

Here is how they stack up:
Height: Eiffert = Ertz
Weight: Eiffert = Ertz
Arm length: Eiffert > Ertz
Hand size: Eiffert < Ertz
40 time: Eiffert > Ertz
Bench: Eiffert < Ertz
Vertical jump: Eiffert > Ertz
Broad jump: Eiffert > Ertz
2012 receptions: Eiffert < Ertz
2012 yardage: Eiffert < Ertz

Opinions?

Please expand upon my ratings in categories such as; blocking, routes, toughness, hands, separation, etc.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
CGI_Ram said:
Right not, it looks like Eiffert is "winning the combine" at TE. But, I don't know? I think I like Ertz better as a player. In 2012 he was "the man" on the field.

Opinions?

Please expand upon my ratings in categories such as; blocking, routes, toughness, hands, separation, etc.

I feel like Eiffert is slightly more athletic on tape, and as verified at the combine. I also think he has work to do to be a great blocker at the NFL level, but is much more polished as a blocker coming out of the collegiate ranks than Ertz. They are pretty close in my book. Escobar projects to me as a late 2nd to mid 3rd rounder. I think some scouts/coaches may drop him because of his 40 time (4.8), which isn't terrible in my book, but enough to drop him a little in this league.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BatteringRambo said:
Finkle is Einhorn...Einhorn is Finkle :idk:
orly_zps8a379fc5.gif

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Finally finished watching the first day. Some of it twice.

Regarding the TE's. Eiffert looks like the smoother athlete. He measured better today, but it was close. I have seen way more of Ertz, because I'm a Pac 12 guy. Honestly, I like both of them. I feel more comfortable with Ertz, because I've seen him more, and Eiffert didn't really separate himself, IMO.

Vance McDonald seemed to close the gap a little with an impressive day. I need to watch more tape of him. And Dion Sims looked pretty big, and fluid out there. I wish I could have seen Williams compared to these guys, but he wasn't invited. Escobar looks better on tape than he did today. I didn't see very much explosion.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Idk if the hammer guy is on here or not, but I saw this on Ram stalk earlier.

thehammer said:
1.Zach Ertz 6'6 255..very fluid in his breaks..can beat you short, medium or deep..can't be covered 1v1. great catching radius..can go low or high point a ball..occasional drops but a major threat in passing attack

awful blocker...barely gets in the way before being shoved aside..a glorified wr. late 1 early 2

Gavin Escobar 6'5 255..a clone of Gronk as a receiver..strong enough to run through arm tackles athletic enough to beat a defender 1v1...very quick out of his breaks..great hands just lacks elite deep speed

tries to block but usually fails...body type suggests he will become a decent inline blocker in time late 1/early 2

Tyler Eifert 6'5 252..great hands, understands how to shield a defender off ball..usually wins contested balls..lacks seperation...struggled to beat good college lbers or safeties 1v1. Needs to be schemed opened.

willing blocker...thick trunk suggest he will be a solid inline blocker in time... 2nd rd

Travis Kelce 6'5 260..very good deep speed, Very few NFL lbers will be able to cover him...very dangerous on seem routes. athletic long strider who struggles a little getting in and out of breaks..doesn't shield off defenders very well. Good but not great hands.

top notch blocker, brother center at Philly. really battles in the trenches.. solid day one starter at the Y position 2nd/early 3rd

Vance McDonald 6'4 260 34 1/2 arms fluid, fast athlete...easily gets in and out of breaks...shows Jackie Smith type hands at times..not a natural hand catcher.

not as good aa blocker as Kelce but close..has a pit bull mentality as a football player..coaches will love the guy...not great at anything but does everything well late 2nd/3rd

Don't really know if anyone cares, but it's just another opinion.

I haven't really looked at the TEs that much, but I can say I've seen enough to where I wouldn't be a fan of drafting one in the 1st.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Username said:
Idk if the hammer guy is on here or not, but I saw this on Ram stalk earlier.

thehammer said:
1.Zach Ertz 6'6 255..very fluid in his breaks..can beat you short, medium or deep..can't be covered 1v1. great catching radius..can go low or high point a ball..occasional drops but a major threat in passing attack

awful blocker...barely gets in the way before being shoved aside..a glorified wr. late 1 early 2

Gavin Escobar 6'5 255..a clone of Gronk as a receiver..strong enough to run through arm tackles athletic enough to beat a defender 1v1...very quick out of his breaks..great hands just lacks elite deep speed

tries to block but usually fails...body type suggests he will become a decent inline blocker in time late 1/early 2

Tyler Eifert 6'5 252..great hands, understands how to shield a defender off ball..usually wins contested balls..lacks seperation...struggled to beat good college lbers or safeties 1v1. Needs to be schemed opened.

willing blocker...thick trunk suggest he will be a solid inline blocker in time... 2nd rd

Travis Kelce 6'5 260..very good deep speed, Very few NFL lbers will be able to cover him...very dangerous on seem routes. athletic long strider who struggles a little getting in and out of breaks..doesn't shield off defenders very well. Good but not great hands.

top notch blocker, brother center at Philly. really battles in the trenches.. solid day one starter at the Y position 2nd/early 3rd

Vance McDonald 6'4 260 34 1/2 arms fluid, fast athlete...easily gets in and out of breaks...shows Jackie Smith type hands at times..not a natural hand catcher.

not as good aa blocker as Kelce but close..has a pit bull mentality as a football player..coaches will love the guy...not great at anything but does everything well late 2nd/3rd

Don't really know if anyone cares, but it's just another opinion.

I haven't really looked at the TEs that much, but I can say I've seen enough to where I wouldn't be a fan of drafting one in the 1st.

Travis Kelce may be the best TE in this draft. The only guy at the top who can catch the ball and block. Ertz is a very inconsistent blocker but he has the mentality and strength to get the job done.

Eifert is a god awful blocker. Truly terrible. Weak, not physical, horrific technique and no awareness/understanding.

I think he's got Ertz and Eifert swapped in his opinions of them except for Eifert having better hands.

CGI_Ram said:

Opinions?

Blocking - Ertz
Routes - Eifert
Toughness - Ertz
Hands - Eifert
Separation - Eifert
Strength - Ertz

And I can't make it anymore obvious, I do not like Tyler Eifert in Round 1 because he can't block. Ertz has a ways to go as a blocker but he has the strength and physicality to possibly become good at it. Eifert doesn't. Just a terrible blocker. He legitimately fails in all aspects of it. Lacks awareness/understanding, lacks functional strength, lacks technique and lacks the physicality/mentality.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
The only one I wouldn't be pissed about in the 1st is Ertz maybe. I just don't now if the Rams would use him or not.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Username said:
The only one I wouldn't be pissed about in the 1st is Ertz maybe. I just don't now if the Rams would use him or not.

I'm not really understanding. If they aren't using Ertz, they aren't using Eifert. I don't want a TE in Round 1 this year. Too much depth and talent in Rounds 2 to 5.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000144334/article/tyler-eifert-solidifies-draft-stock-in-tight-end-workout" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... nd-workout</a>

Notre Dame tight end Tyler Eifert continues to build his draft stock at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

Eifert posted an official time of 4.68 seconds in the 40-yard dash Saturday, a solid mark that further solidifies him as the top tight end on the board.

It's been a strong combine for the 6-foot-5½, 250-pound Eifert, who also posted a 35½-inch vertical leap and 22 reps on the bench press.

"I think with the tight ends, the day has belonged to Tyler Eifert," NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said.

Eifert is the top tight end on Mayock's positional rankings. Mayock's second-ranked tight end is Stanford's Zach Ertz, who posted an official 40 time of 4.76 seconds.

Arkansas tight end Chris Gragg posted the best time at 4.50 -- the fourth-fastest mark at the position since 2006. Gragg also posted the best vertical at 37½ inches. Mayock said the biggest concerns with Gragg are durability and size.

San Diego State's Gavin Escobar posted a disappointing 40 time of 4.84 seconds. Mayock -- who has Escobar ranked as his third-best tight end -- said the middling time will cause teams to take a closer look at Escobar's tape.

But the biggest name out of this group continues to be Eifert.

Said Mayock: "If you're talking about a potential first-round draft pick amongst Eifert, Ertz and Escobar, I think (Eifert) had the best day from a measurable perspective."

Eifert has put himself in position to become a first-round pick.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
jrry32 said:
Username said:

I'm not really understanding. If they aren't using Ertz, they aren't using Eifert. I don't want a TE in Round 1 this year. Too much depth and talent in Rounds 2 to 5.

I'm just saying I don't see the Rams current "offensive staff" changing up, or writing up some special plays just to utilize a player which I consider a specialty player. Whomever they draft will have to fit the system, or adapt to fitting the system. I don't see Ertz ever excelling to his total potential in this offense.

Maybe I'm wrong idk. As an example, I just remember hearing all that talk about how Pead and Quick weren't ready, but they have "their own packages" which will be able to incorporate them into the game. We saw the motion out to wideout with Pead a few times, and almost hit on it. Saw a fade to Quick. Besides that nothing.

I know I'm being a little cynical, but I just don't see the Rams adding a shit load of flex packages if they drafted him. They would try to make him fill into McNeils role imo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Username said:
jrry32 said:
Username said:

I'm just saying I don't see the Rams current "offensive staff" changing up, or writing up some special plays just to utilize a player which I consider a specialty player. Whomever they draft will have to fit the system, or adapt to fitting the system. I don't see Ertz ever excelling to his total potential in this offense.

Maybe I'm wrong idk. As an example, I just remember hearing all that talk about how Pead and Quick weren't ready, but they have "their own packages" which will be able to incorporate them into the game. We saw the motion out to wideout with Pead a few times, and almost hit on it. Saw a fade to Quick. Besides that nothing.

I know I'm being a little cynical, but I just don't see the Rams adding a shyte load of flex packages if they drafted him. They would try to make him fill into McNeils role imo.

You're most likely right which is why I'd avoid TEs early on. Give me a Michael Williams in the 5th and I'm a happy camper.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like Ertz at 22.

Weapon at TE.

That's me.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Simba

Rookie
I would like Eifert at 22 (after Warmack, or Warford or Cooper at 16).Are Gronkowsky or our Kendricks good blockers?I think we don't need blockers for the TE position (for the jumbo formation we have Mulligan), but a breakout offensive player and Tyler is this!With Eifert or Ertz we could give up a wr-call from the 2013-draft.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I've seen enough of Ertz to know that there isn't a lot that distinguish's him from the Ucla's 6'7" TE Joseph Fauria, who is virtually uncoverable in the endzone (1v1) I have a feeling he (Fauria) can be had as late as the 4th. Can't really comment much on Eiffert, didn't really see him much.