Ed Reed to niners?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/11/ed-reed-hires-agent-could-be-headed-to-49ers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -to-49ers/</a>

Receiver Anquan Boldin may not be the only Ravens player who joins the 49ers.

A league source with extensive knowledge of the current safety market believes that the 49ers could land Ravens safety Ed Reed.

As Albert Breer of NFL Network first reported on Twitter (as best we can tell), Reed has indeed hired David Dunn of Athletes First. Now that Reed has an agent, the agent can talk to teams in advance of the start of free agency at 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday.

The fact that Reed is in play for the Niners means that Dashon Goldson isn’t. Goldson is expected to be the hottest free agent on the safety market. Reed may not be the hottest, but he may be the next big name to join one of the hottest teams in the league.

FUCK!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Oh boy.

And... you know what? It makes sense.

Damn.

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
atleast it's ed reed who's past his prime

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I hate the 49ers so very very much...And BTW that is the only time I utilize the word "Hate" when describing my displeasure for the San Francisco 49ers.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
And the whiners get older ...

Putting big money in older players only works if you for a SB or bust team, which they are.

Here's to the injury-bug hitting them hard. Aren't they due?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ram Quixote said:

Putting big money in older players only works if you for a SB or bust team, which they are.

Take out Kaeperdick and their season goes up in smoke.

I think you could say that about any team... but... when you roll the dice like they are you can definitely say that with them.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Ram Quixote said:

They've been due for two years, but they are held accountable...Not one player on their team was over weight...They just have some kind of program in place there has not been a team that has lost a Super Bowl and then came back to win it since the Miami Dolphins lost in 1972 to the Cowboys and came back the following year to beat the Redskins and finish the year undefeated..Watch out the 49ers could be back to claim the prize next year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
den-the-coach said:
Ram Quixote said:

They've been due for two years, but they are held accountable...Not one player on their team was over weight...They just have some kind of program in place there has not been a team that has lost a Super Bowl and then came back to win it since the Miami Dolphins lost in 1972 to the Cowboys and came back the following year to beat the Redskins and finish the year undefeated..Watch out the 49ers could be back to claim the prize next year.

I don't have any problem respecting the 49'ers. I mean, they are a good team... and to be loaded with draft picks they certainly have built something there. I still hate them. But to your point, they are well positioned and give them credit for that.

Now... The Seahawks? Not a chance. That Pete Carroll stained franchise is doomed to be septic tank run off.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sounds like the brothers are trying to help each other out a bit. Too bad it's not going to work.

jap

Legend
Ram Quixote said:

Colin is overdue for a Juggarnaut-esque collision with Jo-Lonn some coming Sunday. :ww:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
den-the-coach said:
Ram Quixote said:

Yeah or they could F-up and sign some over the hill guys who just got a ring and are just going to mail the off season in .come in on weight but out of shape.
If I were them I'd rather keep Goldson he's pretty well in his prime .

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
sorry but if we signed Boldin and Reed for a year or two I'd be freaking loving it!!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
shaunpinney said:
sorry but if we signed Boldin and Reed for a year or two I'd be freaking loving it!!!!

Same here.

But; I'm trusting the Fisher/Snead team to respond.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
The whiners must be having flashbacks to the Deion Sanders days, when he skipped from the Cowgirls, to the whiners, and back to the Cowgirls. Sanders got 3 rings that way. But Reed's a lot older than Sanders was.

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
iced said:
atleast it's ed reed who's past his prime

Still a ball hawk and motivational player.

right but i'd rather them have a safety who's at the end of his career vs a younger one with fresh legs