Early Thoughts week 1 Seattle?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
The one thing this whole off season that had me very excited is looking to square off vs. the Seagulls at home week 1! I know it's pre- training camp and before pre-season but I really think we match up well and think our defensive line in particular will start off fast this year to keep Seattles offense in turmoil enough for us to pull out a win.

Also, I see Foles leading our offense without a scrub 3rd stringer to give to the game away and a running game to help slow down or close out the game for us. The only person on Seattle that concerns me is Russel Wilson scrambling around.

Another year in Greg Williams defense and this should be a top 5-6 defense at the worst.

I'm reat thinking this will be the most important game of our season to start with against the top division foe. If we can beat them and they lose the next week in Green Bay we really can control our own destiny in the NFC West. To be the champs you got to beat the champs!

Anybody else feel the same way or overly excited for week 1 via confidence in winning?

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think our defense matches up well against them. But I'm concerned about the offense starting guys with little to no experience on the line. If Gurley's not ready I have faith in Mason. In fact, in the early going I'm not sure Gurley's the better option. He has to be at least a little tentative with that knee in the beginning.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think our defense matches up well against them. But I'm concerned about the offense starting guys with little to no experience on the line. If Gurley's not ready I have faith in Mason. In fact, in the early going I'm not sure Gurley's the better option. He has to be at least a little tentative with that knee in the beginning.
Dude I totally agree! I honestly don't want to even see Gurley in a game till like week 4 or 5. I really think Sam and Long came back way to early and I don't want to risk it! Besides if we run Mason like a mad man the first 4- 5 weeks and then put Gurley in there with fresh legs and desire we could carry us to the playoffs late in the season.

The starting experience I'm not as worried about because they have a ton of starting experience in college and secondly they couldn't be worse that who we had in there before! Lol

You honestly see Jamon Brown being any worse than Davin Joseph?

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
My prediction, if we score more points than we allow then we'll win, beyond that it's far too early to say.

I want to see how the OL performs in pre-season, and how Gurley comes back from his injury, and if Foles looks legit, or like 2014.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
The one thing this whole off season that had me very excited is looking to square off vs. the Seagulls at home week 1! I know it's pre- training camp and before pre-season but I really think we match up well and think our defensive line in particular will start off fast this year to keep Seattles offense in turmoil enough for us to pull out a win.

Also, I see Foles leading our offense without a scrub 3rd stringer to give to the game away and a running game to help slow down or close out the game for us. The only person on Seattle that concerns me is Russel Wilson scrambling around.

Another year in Greg Williams defense and this should be a top 5-6 defense at the worst.

I'm reat thinking this will be the most important game of our season to start with against the top division foe. If we can beat them and they lose the next week in Green Bay we really can control our own destiny in the NFC West. To be the champs you got to beat the champs!

Anybody else feel the same way or overly excited for week 1 via confidence in winning?
images

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
We know what they want to do and they know what we want to do.

If one team can stop the power run game and the other can't, then predicting this one becomes pretty easy.

They are going to want to establish Jimmy Graham and get him off to a good start - while we are going to want to get Tavon, Britt, and Cook plenty of looks.

Special Teams was the difference for us last year in our win against them - we have to know their ST coach still remembers that. Tricks probably won't get it done this year - but the game could very well come down to STs - both in the kicking game and in general field position.

Turnovers could be the X factor. Don't let them control the ball - force them to put it in the air and get in the little guys face.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I wonder if there are any other special teams tricks Fisher/Fassel have up their sleeves.:whistle:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
It's way too soon for predictions, obviously.

We'll know a helluva lot more after the camp and preseason games.

But I will say this.

From what I've read, the Seahawks have their own OL issues, and they didn't spend 4 picks to address them, either.

Sooooo... Since we have possibly the best DL in the league, I see a mismatch there. Possibly a very big one, at that. That could be a huge advantage for the Rams in game one before the Seahawk OL has had time to gel.

Can't wait to find out.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Im looking forward to this game like no other in the Fisher era. It could set the tone for the season and the Seahawks could indeed be 0-2.

Thordaddy memorial. Meeting his family and so many ROD members and their families. Raising money for LLS. Going on the field. Opening game. Enemy number one division rivals. Seeing Foles and the Rookies and maybe even Gurley.

It has the makings of a great experience, that's for sure.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I'd give Gurley at least 4-5 games off to start. That line is so raw I expect lots of quick passes a heavy dose of running and hope to get the occasional long bomb. Score just enough points ( don't let the offensive give away 8 TD's ) and let the defense take them the distance.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams vs Shehawks is always a tough one and this game will be as well. Gonna be a lot of buildup with smack talk, probably most from Sherman, because both teams know how important the game is for setting the tone in the division.

If the Rams play a strong 4 quarters and win, it serves notice this division is wide open.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Be efficient on offense.
Take care of the football.
Control the LOS.
Be sharp as a tack on defense.
Be physical.

Rinse, repeat every week.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
We can't get off to another slow start to the year coming out strong and establishing the tone for the year is imperative.

Big Game

Living The Dream
This will be a great first game, both teams want to start off fast and get a division win. I love the fact we are at home. We always play Seattle well at home.

I believe the Rams will try to establish the play action pass early so that Seattle won't stack the box the entire game. With that thinking i believe the Rams attack early down the field with Britt, Austin, Cook, and Bailey. And remember Seattle lost one its better cover corners.

Once the defense has to adjust i think we will see a good dose of Mason/Cunningham/Pead(yes i said it) with the run.

My pre training camp prediction Rams 27 Seattle 24