Eagles TE Zach Ertz: Sam Bradford has stronger arm than Luck

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-o...am-bradford-has-stronger-arm-than-andrew-luck
Eagles tight end Zach Ertz has never caught a pass from Sam Bradford in a game -- or in a practice, for that matter -- but Ertz has played catch with his new quarterback and apparently, Bradford has a rocket arm.

During a recent interview with CSNPhilly.com, Ertz said that Bradford has a stronger arm than any quarterback he's ever played with, including Andrew Luck, who threw passes to Ertz for two seasons at Stanford.

"We've been throwing for the past three weeks and I can honestly say I've thrown with Andrew, Nick [Foles] and other guys, and I don't think I've thrown with a guy who has a stronger arm than Sam Bradford," Ertz said.

The craziest thing about Bradford's arm strength is that he's been able to show it off despite the fact that he still doesn't have his "full legs underneath him." The Eagles new quarterback is still rehabbing the torn ACL he suffered in his left knee back in August, an injury that cost Bradford the entire 2014 season.

"He hasn't been able to really truly get his full legs underneath him," Ertz said. "But the ball still comes out effortlessly, and it's a lot of fun to run routes with him."

Bradford might be fun to run routes with and he might have a cannon for an arm, but does that mean he'll be successful in Philadelphia?

Not necessarily. First of all, Chip Kelly could trade Bradford tomorrow because with Chip Kelly, anyone on the Eagles roster could be traded tomorrow.

Secondly, having a strong arm in the NFL is kind of overrated, at least according to Luck's backup quarterback, Matt Hasselbeck.

"Arm strength, I think, is a thing that's like incredibly overrated in the NFL," Hasselbeck told the New York Postduring the 2014 season. "Andrew doesn't need arm strength because of the other things that he has, but he also has it."

So that settles it. Unless it doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

A55VA6

Legend
I think we all know Sam has a strong arm. We all know he's extremely talented. But we also know he can barely step on to a football field without getting hurt. If he's healthy, I think Bradford and the Eagles could play extremely well. The Rams just couldn't continue to wait for him to stay healthy.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
agree2.gif

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sam has a stronger arm, Andrew has stronger knees and ankles. So does our recent QB addition.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Boy the eagles just keep trying to convince themselves they'll be good this season. They are going to suck, and we'll be needing this..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-11-17-47-27-1.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-11-17-47-27-1.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 238

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
FWIW I think he's better than Luck - but if he's rehabbing his knee then he's no good at all. Availability is better than ability you say?? Philly's problem now.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
When Ertz is running a crossing pattern and Sam strong arms a pass right through him, Ertz might say,,,, 'damn Sam how about some touch to go with that arm.

Ram65

Legend
I wondered before last season how much stronger Sam got because he could only workout his upper body. Now, after two years he has to be much stronger in the upper body. That has to help his arm strength but more importantly his ability to shrug off pass rushers. I hope he stays healthy to see what he can do even if it is for my local Eagles team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Luck's arm really isn't that strong. But yea, Bradford does have a strong arm...very underrated velocity.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
FWIW I think he's better than Luck - but if he's rehabbing his knee then he's no good at all. Availability is better than ability you say?? Philly's problem now.
you are referring to Bradford's arm right? Because as QBs it's not even close.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I wish Bradford all the luck in the world, for two reasons;
1) I really Like him and
2) I hate the Cowboys, so if he and Philly are doing well, that means the Cowgirls probably aren't!:LOL:

RamWoodie

Legend
I think we all know Sam has a strong arm. We all know he's extremely talented. But we also know he can barely step on to a football field without getting hurt. If he's healthy, I think Bradford and the Eagles could play extremely well. The Rams just couldn't continue to wait for him to stay healthy.
I don't think "waiting on Sam to stay healthy" is it. The deal was a second ACL tear and cap space if you ask me...but that's my opinion.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Bradford's arm was never an issue, and it's pretty easy to tell that he has more velocity on this throws than Luck. I remember when he split a receiver's gloves and cut the dude's hand open once (Gilyard, I think?). But sadly, it takes much more than a lively arm to make it in this league. It takes intelligence, adaptability, and durability. Bradford only had 3/4 of what it takes, IMO.

At any rate ........ turn the page.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I wish Bradford all the luck in the world, for two reasons;
1) I really Like him and
2) I hate the Cowboys, so if he and Philly are doing well, that means the Cowgirls probably aren't!:LOL:

On the other hand the better Sam does the lower the Rams pick in the 2nd round next year. I hope he sucks, but not so badly that he plays less than 8 games.

Athos

Legend
Not just that no. I think Luck is overrated. But that might be me just looking to be controversial. Time will tell.

I dunno. He's been their entire offense and a lesser QB, even in that division, gives them losing seasons for how bad their collective unit it. Run game, pass rush. Offensive line.

Just all bad.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, I don't think anyone ever questioned his arm strength...at least those of us who actually watched Rams games he started. He could use a little touch on the short stuff though. I really like the kid, but can't STAND the thought of him doing well in phucking philly. I wish he had gone to the AFC so it would be easier to root for him.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I love Sam, and wish he could have reached his potential with the Rams, but given the choice between Sam and Luck I'd have to go with Luck. He's a damn good QB AND he's healthy.

I've often pondered the question, if RGIII had gone #1 in the draft and Luck dropped to #2 would you trade out of that position?? I don't think I would...