Eagles rumor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@JDawsonSports: I can't confirm that a deal is done but I am hearing that the Eagles are in discussions for the #1 pick.

Holy Guacamole!!

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
That would take a shit tonne of compensation if it happened, but if it did; as far as I'm concerned, fair play to Kelly going up to get his guy. He better hope it works out.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was trying to imagine what it would take .... RGIII deal would be the starting point but that was from 2 to 6. This is 1 to 20!

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Exactly what I was thinking. Tampa would want a QB so Foles being included would a given. Then you would be talking IMO at least this years 1 and 2, next years 1 and the year afters 1. Maybe even a player or two as well.

Trent Cole maybe? Tampa need a pash rush and by all accounts Cole is on the block.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
This sucks. Our chances of either Mariota or Winston go down the drain if they move up to 1. We'll be stuck with less than ideal prospects in the later rounds.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If Mariota is worth all of that then Tampa should just pick him instead of trading.

Let's look at what Tampa has to look forward to.

1. Take Mariota or Winston and have the number one piece to getting to future playoff games
Or Take Mariota or Winston and they bust and Tampa picks high for the next few years.

2.Make the trade and guarantee themselves of not getting a game changing QB and continue searching for one, but gain extra picks to build the team or trade up for a QB similar to what was already available.

So, there is more to gain by doing #1, since QB is the single most important piece for every team.

The RGIII trade happened for one reason and one reason only: the Rams had a QB they believed could get them to a SuperBowl. Without that they pick RGIII.

Tampa Bay is not trading that pick and banking their future on Nick Foles being able to get them to a SuperBowl.

jjab360

Legend
If Mariota is worth all of that then Tampa should just pick him instead of trading.

Let's look at what Tampa has to look forward to.

1. Take Mariota or Winston and have the number one piece to getting to future playoff games
Or Take Mariota or Winston and they bust and Tampa picks high for the next few years.

2.Make the trade and guarantee themselves of not getting a game changing QB and continue searching for one, but gain extra picks to build the team or trade up for a QB similar to what was already available.

So, there is more to gain by doing #1, since QB is the single most important piece for every team.

The RGIII trade happened for one reason and one reason only: the Rams had a QB they believed could get them to a SuperBowl. Without that they pick RGIII.

Tampa Bay is not trading that pick and banking their future on Nick Foles being able to get them to a SuperBowl.
I disagree. The chances are pretty good that Mariota turns out to be a better QB than Foles, but no one knows for sure. We've actually seen Foles be successful at this level and no one knows how a prospect will turn out once he gets to the pros, case in point RG3.

Of course any sane man would bet on Mariota straight up, but if you're going to receive a bounty of picks as well as a capable QB in return why the heck wouldn't you take what the Iggles are offering?

FRO

Legend
If I'm Tampa it would take more than an RGIII haul. I would want Foles, Lane Johnson, and 3 number 1 picks.

Athos

Legend
If I'm Tampa it would take more than an RGIII haul. I would want Foles, Lane Johnson, and 3 number 1 picks.

hah. Eagles aren't parting with an essential 0-line cog. They'd probably throw in a future 3rd or 4th instead.

FRO

Legend
hah. Eagles aren't parting with an essential 0-line cog. They'd probably throw in a future 3rd or 4th instead.
Then I tell them to go pound sand. To move down 19 spots I want the sun the moon and the stars.

Athos

Legend
Then I tell them to go pound sand. To move down 19 spots I want the sun the moon and the stars.

lol. In that scenario, the Eagles probably would have older told the Bucs to go eat a dick for even suggesting Lane Johnson be a part of the deal.

FRO

Legend
lol. In that scenario, the Eagles probably would have older told the Bucs to go eat a dick for even suggesting Lane Johnson be a part of the deal.
Hahaha.

With Chip as GM and in love with Mariota, you could probably get whatever you want.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@JohnBarchard: Get the feeling the #Eagles are making a big push with Tampa to try and get a deal done before the weekend.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
@JDawsonSports: I can't confirm that a deal is done but I am hearing that the Eagles are in discussions for the #1 pick.

Holy Guacamole!!

That would take a crap tonne of compensation if it happened, but if it did; as far as I'm concerned, fair play to Kelly going up to get his guy. He better hope it works out.

I was trying to imagine what it would take .... RGIII deal would be the starting point but that was from 2 to 6. This is 1 to 20!
Sounds like a ' Mike Ditka' Type trade in the making!!:LOL: Anyway you look at it, if the trade works, the Fans will have Skip's ass if it doesn't pay-off right-away!