Eagles Hire Rams WR Coach Mike Groh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Maybe the Eegles think Groh just had WR's that were uncoachable.:sleepz:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Groh was one of the few on our offensive staff who wasn't the problem. He's done well in other situations too (e.g., under Adam Gase when Gase was the OC in Chicago). This past season was an aberration, largely because he was under an OC who was the anti-Gase in terms of just about everything. He'll probably do ok in Philly.

Bruce2980

Starter
Groh was one of the few on our offensive staff who wasn't the problem. He's done well in other situations too (e.g., under Adam Gase when Gase was the OC in Chicago). This past season was an aberration, largely because he was under an OC who was the anti-Gase in terms of just about everything. He'll probably do ok in Philly.
Do you think that the Eagle receivers will finally learn how to run 2 yard routes on third and five?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I also think he did a better job than the ultimate results showed. He got handed a bunch of rookies (several were injured), some "veteran" players who haven't produced (Quick) and I don't even know how to qualify TA or Britt.
On top of it, he was bestowed the title of "passing game coordinator" but had to work within Boras "strategy"
Britt obviously had career high in yardage, Quick had seemed to have turned the corner early in the season before the oline (and the rest of the offense imploded.

Ram65

Legend
I also think he did a better job than the ultimate results showed. He got handed a bunch of rookies (several were injured), some "veteran" players who haven't produced (Quick) and I don't even know how to qualify TA or Britt.
On top of it, he was bestowed the title of "passing game coordinator" but had to work within Boras "strategy"
Britt obviously had career high in yardage, Quick had seemed to have turned the corner early in the season before the oline (and the rest of the offense imploded.

Good analysis DB.

Groh will have similar problems with the Eagles Agholor has the drops. DBG may not be back. He can't run routes. Rams play the Eagles this year!

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
For me the jury is still out on him. We are definitely deprived on talent on WR but it didn't appear that he did anything to boost production at the position outside of Britt having his first 1000 yd season. Who knows, I'm hoping he succeeds in Phi.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think he's a terrible WR Coach. Seemed like our WRs improved under him. He's not an elite WR Coach, but he's solid at his job. Can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Doesn't matter how good your WR coach is if your O-line can't block for shit and your HC/OC is absolutely garbage at operating an offense. Will be rooting for Groh to succeed except when facing us.

Todd59

Rookie
There's no way to know how much impact you can have as a position coach in one year. But he turned Kenny Britt into a 1000+ yard receiver for the first time in his career (with bad QB play to boot). I would've liked to see him work on some of these guys a little more.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
McDaniels, Linehan, and Spagnuolo went on to have success after the Rams.

Groh strikes me as someone who will too.