Each teams most underpaid veteran

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think John Johnson is gonna be in the conversation by mid season.

I assume they are talking about guys who have been free agents (or could have been) and signed a contract as an unrestricted free agent. Before then too many players were total bargains, especially those on their rookie contracts like Johnson, or those as RFAs like Littleton.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Ram65

Legend
The good thing... Woods contract expires at 30 (he’s 27 now).

That feels like good workable runway to extend his deal at some point to avoid any real issue. That could be win-win.

That is going to be interesting. Rams will have to extend Kupp after the season.

Would Woods wait till he is a free agent to try and get a big pay day from another team?

If Rams redo his deal when he is 29 how long of en extension would they give him?

Rams got a great deal on Woods at his prime age. By the time he hits free agency he will be on the downside of his career. If he stays healthy the Rams could give him a 3 year extension wrapping him up till he is 33 YOA after next year. Can they afford him? Hope it works out.

He is the Rams most underpaid veteran. At the time most thought it was too much.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Most underpaid isn't Woods, it's Kupp... $800k this year and $1m next year. Just based on pure impact to game outcomes vs what he makes it is Kupp in a landslide.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most underpaid isn't Woods, it's Kupp... $800k this year and $1m next year. Just based on pure impact to game outcomes vs what he makes it is Kupp in a landslide.

players on rookie deals shouldn't be included because they would all be underpaid. otherwise it would easily be goff.

something's gotta give with the rams wrs. i can't see woods being happy on his salary after this season. the rams shouldn't let kupp get a sniff of free agency. interesting times ahead next off-season.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Of the players not still on their rookie contracts?

I think Weddle should be in this conversation. Maybe Matthews, too.

Rams clearly have some vet bargain contracts on this team.

nighttrain

Legend
Blake Bortles. a mil for a QB2 is down right cheap.
Bortles is getting an additional 5 mil from the Jags, our good fortune. he is making 6 mil this season, if he resigns with Rams for next year his salary will be a new negotiation

train