Dunbar, 2 year contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Was waiting for this. Can start or be great depth depending on who we draft. Still wish we knew what we had in Armstrong.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was waiting for this. Can start or be great depth depending on who we draft. Still wish we knew what we had in Armstrong.
Shane Gray seems to think Armstrong still starts...I'm a little skeptical of that, at least as far as the beginning of the season goes.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Let the Red Bull flow... especially in his locker before games. :cheers:

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
If he can keep his head out of his ass with the penalties we'll know more this year. Right now I imagine his volatility is still a little too much to stomach...however withGW back in the fold:party:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Shane Gray seems to think Armstrong still starts...I'm a little skeptical of that, at least as far as the beginning of the season goes.
Yeah - that will be interesting. I think he has a lot of talent but can he really harness it?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

I think Armstrong has the talent, but he is still pretty new to the LB position. Skeptical as well whether he starts or not soon.

If he can keep his head out of his ass with the penalties we'll know more this year. Right now I imagine his volatility is still a little too much to stomach...however withGW back in the fold:party:

Agreed he needs to correct those penalties. Hope GW can set him right so we don't have to worry about the position come draft time and for the future.

Alan

Legend
Is any of it guaranteed. That's the important thing I'd like to know. If we draft an OLB high then he's an expensive backup. We have some interesting rookies like Ray-Ray I'd like to see get playing time too. On the other hand, we might not draft a LB and Ray-Ray might continue to be a penalty machine.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Let's not sleep on Bates either. I thought the coaches were pretty high on that kid too.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is any of it guaranteed. That's the important thing I'd like to know. If we draft an OLB high then he's an expensive backup. We have some interesting rookies like Ray-Ray I'd like to see get playing time too. On the other hand, we might not draft a LB and Ray-Ray might continue to be a penalty machine.

You like playing the devil's advocate don't you?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Really it all depends on Armstrong. If they believe he can eventually be a starter, I doubt we draft a LB anywhere in the early rounds. If they think is good depth at best, then I think we draft a LB early. Dunbar seems like a starter till they feel either Armstrong or the draft pick is ready and can do better.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I don't want to take away from Dunbar's thread here,,, but I wouldn't count out Ray Ray from starting. He's been working out with Stedman down in Miami on instagram like a wild-man lately. Appears super motivated.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
No question this is a positive signing. Our defense looked awful without him in it.

I thought we would go LB round 2. Maybe we're good... don't really know.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really doubt there is much more than $2m or so guaranteed annually. I think you keep getting too caught up in what your ideal plan is and thinking the Rams are on the same page as you...lol

I think this pretty much means that they are covered at LB, UNLESS they have a chance at some great value.

The best way to approach the draft is to try to go into it without a definitive need. This is definitely a move that backs that up. They just re-signed a very productive starter for them in the past and have a young guy already waiting in the wings...if they are in a spot to get a good LB in the draft then they are set.

Alan

Legend
kurtfaulk discovering my secret identity:
You like playing the devil's advocate don't you?
Love it.

The thing is, the other side of the coin, just like all the differing opinions of our posters, all have their own validity. It's what makes for great conversations. Other than great sex, is there anything better than good intelligent conversations among friends?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I thought we would go LB round 2. Maybe we're good... don't really know.

Agreed, I really like Van Noy, just a great technical player who makes plays, but if they like Armstrong, I don't see OLB anytime early come draft time. Hate not knowing.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't see the need to draft a LB at all at this point,unless they have a sleeper in the late rounds that blows them away.
Let the coaches continue to work with Ray ray.
Dunbar is obviously tied to GW returning as DC. Smart signing. Dunbar is 29 but he can still play.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Not much for this. Price was right but was hoping for a upgrade. Bargain basement shopping.
So when we going to be adding talent to the team, not just bring back the same thing? Just sayin'

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The thing is, the other side of the coin, just like all the differing opinions of our posters, all have their own validity. It's what makes for great conversations. Other than great sex, is there anything better than good intelligent conversations among friends?

Still waiting.:fighting: