Drafting a RB a Top Need now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our offense....all of it depends on the consistency of great RB play. Arthritis doesn't go away, as far as I know, and so Gurley won't be the guy we need him to be, imo. Our window is open while Goff has a rookie deal, and so that shortens it some without a healthy Gurley. Who is a great RB that we could get at #31?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I don't think a RB needs to be had at 31. We can probably wait until our second 3rd and see if we can grab another bowling ball type that can grind out tough yards. Or a speedy back who can continue to threaten the edge, seeing as Gurley's ability to do that saved is from the offense destroying vertical pressure we saw work so well in the super bowl.

Whichever is best. We aren't going to get a Gurley replacement at 31. We can get a role player later on the draft and adjust the offense though.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope, we'll draft one just like before.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah. People are overreacting to a rumor. Even if we assume it's true, Gurley's career isn't over tomorrow. We just need to lighten his workload. That'll mean having a guy like C.J. Anderson who can handle 15ish touches per game. We can find that in FA, via a trade, or in the Draft.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Our offense....all of it depends on the consistency of great RB play. Arthritis doesn't go away, as far as I know, and so Gurley won't be the guy we need him to be, imo. Our window is open while Goff has a rookie deal, and so that shortens it some without a healthy Gurley. Who is a great RB that we could get at #31?
J.Kelly can be highly productive in this system. I think we'll see it this season.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know if Tevin Coleman wants to continue to be a backup, but I'd go after him hard in FA and tell him he will split time with Gurley.

Ram65

Legend
J.Kelly can be highly productive in this system. I think we'll see it this season.

I don't know if Tevin Coleman wants to continue to be a backup, but I'd go after him hard in FA and tell him he will split time with Gurley.

I want to see what Kelly can do. He has quick early moves when he puts that foot in ground he explodes. I think he can be the 2 in a 1-2 punch running attack. Coleman might just cost too much. Lots of reports that the Eagles are eyeing him and others. Could be time for Rams to find a gem latter in the draft.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tev...an&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8