Draft Pick Delusion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, this has been bothering me for some time. I follow a guy who has expanded his podcast in a few different directions. It's amazing, really.
But he is also driving me crazy with his obscure late round picks (or UDFA's) and is talking as though I know know who they are.

He is a Rams fan, butI think he is more of a Draft fan and building draft boards well in advance. I don't care man, knock yourself out if you like that. While I enjoy his podcasts about the team, he totally loses me when he starts talking of his favorite UDFA's playing on other teams. They are "his" guys, mostly because these nobodies went on his podcast and that sealed the deal with him. He'll be constantly critical if the Rams didn't sign his guys (UDFA's, mind you) if our crop of Walmart empolyees aren't doing so well.

I think his passion is being a pro-draftnik, or maybe even an NFL scout. But know draftniks, we don't know about the UDFA's beyond the ones we select, and even they are somewhat of a mystery when they come and go...unless they stand out. I don't care if some UDFA crush of yours went to the Broncos (or elsewhere), and might get a practice squad spot. If you are reading this in this forum, I'm not being critical of you unless you are sprinkling names into conversation that no one knows but you, and then you expect me to know them.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm sorry if I've ever been like that, Loyal... I'm admittedly passionate about the draft, but I'm a Rams fan first and nothing changes that.

I'll leave my Emanuel Hall crush at the door.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
This is the first year I've properly got into scouting myself which I did for the RoD mock draft. It has made camp more fun too because I am keeping an eye on the guys I liked at other squads. For example, Juan Thornhill I LOVED and by all accounts he is absolutely killing it at chiefs camp. It is fun to be right!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
When it comes to UDFA's it's a bit of potluck. If a GM gets one a year sticking on the roster, he's considered a success. They sign a dozen or so each year. So I think that it's malarkey to get too enamored with UDFA types. I think it's a long shot to get them right. And we are talking about UDFA's. If you are wrong nobody remembers. If your right then it's bragging rights and can make people think you are a draft God. It's an easy bet.