Draft Do-Overs: 2008 (Rams take JAKE Long)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[flv]http://ll.video.nfl.com/films/s2012/nflcom/offseason/120405_excl_draft_do_overs_2008_700k.mp4[/flv]

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
If Matt Ryan goes #1, then yeah I guess we'd probably take Jake Long, but Chris Long would not be a bad pick. It the do over he still went #4 to the Raiders. I'm not sure I would have taken Chris Johnson over Long, but I admit that I'm biased.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Rams would have jumped at Jake Long that year, but they should have considered Ryan also. Either way, we'd have a way different team now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
Rams would have jumped at Jake Long that year, but they should have considered Ryan also. Either way, we'd have a way different team now.
Dominos would have fallen all over the place if they took Jake. Then the 2009 draft is entirely different. And possibly 2010.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yeah I wanted Jake that year. Oh well. Course Miami went 11-5 the following season and their drafts haven't been good since then. Jake Long, would the Rams still have picked high in 2009? Probably could've gone w/ Aaron Curry. And another thing, if Jake Long solidfied the OL, would Bulger be as bad as he was? So Suh over Bradford? Ahh to wonder.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
DR RAM said:
Dominos would have fallen all over the place if they took Jake. Then the 2009 draft is entirely different. And possibly 2010.
Yep, gotta think that if we took Jake Long in 2008 we probably would have taken Aaron Curry or Sanchez (at which point we might still be looking for another QB this year). The fact that we didn't and we ended up taking Bradford allowed us to get two extra first rounders. It might actually have been better in the long run that we took C Long and not Jake Long.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:
Yeah I wanted Jake that year. Oh well. Course Miami went 11-5 the following season and their drafts haven't been good since then. Jake Long, would the Rams still have picked high in 2009? Probably could've gone w/ Aaron Curry. And another thing, if Jake Long solidfied the OL, would Bulger be as bad as he was? So Suh over Bradford? Ahh to wonder.
That's kind of what I'm wondering. The butterfly effect.