Dolphins Scouting Justin Herbert More Than Any Other Team, Per Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Dolphins Scouting Justin Herbert More Than Any Other Team, Per Report

The Miami Dolphins head into the offseason ready to do whatever it takes to land their franchise quarterback. While reports have tied the team to Tua Tagovailoa, it now appears Miami could have its eye on Justin Herbert.

According to Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller, no team has done more work on the former Oregon Ducks star quarterback than the Dolphins, who are armed with three first-round picks in the 2020 draft (Nos. 5, 18 and 26).

The senior quarterback is coming off a dominating performance at the Senior Bowl. Herbert spent the week stunning scouts and coaches in attendance with arm strength, accuracy and leadership throughout the week.

In fact, he came away with Senior Bowl MVP honors and drew even more praise for his work in practice and during meetings with teams. Once considered a potential top-10 pick, Herbert might have pushed his draft stock up even further.

It’s very possible that the Dolphins could be high on both Herbert and Tagovailoa coming out of the Senior Bowl. While Tagovailoa is immensely talented, he’s still recovering from a devastating hip injury, and it adds to potential concerns over his long-term durability.

There’s also a growing chance that a team could trade up ahead of Miami for Tagovailoa, or the Detroit Lions could even take him with the No. 3 overall pick.

Miami is clearly exploring all of its options to make sure it finds the right quarterback to lead its franchise into the future. While Tagovailoa seemed destined to join the Dolphins, there now at least appears to be a chance that Herbert could be their choice on draft day.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Something about this guy I don't like as I list the following:

1. Oregon....Besides Dan Foutes, they never produced a bonafide signal caller and of late you've had, Marcus Mariota, Joey Harrington & Akili Smith all first round busts
  2. I don't like the way he pronounces his last name should go with the French Version.
  3. Every time I have watched him play, nothing stands out. Seems to have plays where he makes a nice throw, but his consistency would concern me.
  4. Before I post this, I apologise to anyone with the first name of Justin, however, every Justin I have encountered has been underwhelming with the exception of Justin Watson, who was a fine backup to Marshall Faulk.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
To Detroit? Well nothing says success like a UofO QB going to Detroit in the first round.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Something about this guy I don't like as I list the following:

1. Oregon....Besides Dan Foutes, they never produced a bonafide signal caller and of late you've had, Marcus Mariota, Joey Harrington & Akili Smith all first round busts
  2. I don't like the way he pronounces his last name should go with the French Version.
  3. Every time I have watched him play, nothing stands out. Seems to have plays where he makes a nice throw, but his consistency would concern me.
  4. Before I post this, I apologise to anyone with the first name of Justin, however, every Justin I have encountered has been underwhelming with the exception of Justin Watson, who was a fine backup to Marshall Faulk.
Well, there’s always Kellen Clemens!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best of luck with that. Just see a talented guy physically with no drive no pick up his teammates kind of push.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Dolphins are a very interesting team. They need a QB as well as a LT but they're loaded with picks in a loaded draft.

If I'm them I take whoever is there of Burrow/Tagovailoa/Herbert at 5. If none of them are there I would take Derrick Brown (Chase Young will be gone at 5) and "look for Love" at 18. If Love is gone before 18 well hell time to get that OT prospect you like. But at that point the Dolphins will be scrambling to figure out when to take that 2nd or 3rd tier guy they think might be able to do the job at QB.

So I'm guessing it'll be QB for them at 5. Chase Young is gonna be off the board for sure IMO. So there's basically one spot where a team could F them by moving up to get the QB. Safest bet is to slide up a bit, but with all their needs I doubt they want to give up draft collateral so will probably roll the dice.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
After looking a lot more at the QBs I'm pretty solid on Love will go much sooner than anticipated. And Tua will go a little bit later than he's listed now due to the medical stuff; we don't have that inside line the teams have but still I'm guessing he'll be QB4.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Herbert probably passed Tua draft-wise after his performance, combined with Tua's injuries. I still think that whomever drafts Tua will be getting at least the second-best QB in this class.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I'm no scout but if completely healthy Tua is still my favourite QB in the class.